Talk

Advanced search

To think I'm suddenly seeing lots more pics of Theresa May smiling?

(7 Posts)
juiceFromConcentrate Sat 22-Apr-17 19:22:04

AIBU? Whoever is advising Theresa May on her election campaign must be telling her to smile more - or else the media are just publishing more smiley photos for reasons of their own.

Personally I think she suits a more serious image - and it goes with the job role too. The smile looks a bit forced.

meditrina Sat 22-Apr-17 19:30:19

I think you're probably just seeing a lot more pictures of May. And of Corbyn, and of Fallon.

And everyone will probably read into each what they want to see.

All party leaders are more visible during campaigns.

Editors select the pics they think will play to their core readership views.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sat 22-Apr-17 19:43:05

YANBU; she's trying to manipulate people into thinking she's not really Cruella d'evil.

SexTrainGlue Sat 22-Apr-17 19:47:55

I doubt very much that the Tory party is controlling editorial decisions about which pix to run.

MichaelSheensNextDW Sat 22-Apr-17 19:54:34

*Theresa May hosted a private dinner for the Daily Mail editor, Paul Dacre, at 10 Downing Street last year, the government has disclosed.

Dacre was the only media figure to receive hospitality from the new prime minister in the first six months she was in post.*

www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/30/paul-dacre-theresa-may-private-dinner-daily-mail-editor-no-10

meditrina Sat 22-Apr-17 20:51:46

I didn't realise MSNDW that OP was talking about her choice to read the Daily Mail.

But I think what I said about editors running the things that appeal to their readership holds good. Even for the Mail.

juiceFromConcentrate Sat 22-Apr-17 21:13:57

Actually, my main source is the BBC News website. But I'm also noticing the forced grins on the front of tabloids on supermarket shelves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now