Talk

Advanced search

To be utterly disgusted and depressed that women think its ok to make small penis gags?

(530 Posts)
deffonamechange Sat 22-Apr-17 18:16:06

Just been reading a thread further down where yes some scumbag bloke had been horrible to someone. Lots of outrage and tell him he has a small dick, tell him he has a micro penis basically mock the size of his genitals.

Can you imagine if a woman upset a bloke and all his mates said tell her she has awful labia, tell her her fanny is horrible, tell her she doesnt look normal down there
Its horrific!!

Do you know how many lovely men with smaller penises get inundated with this? Do you know how many teenage boys worry themselves to death because of comments like these?

Its depressing/sexist/cruel and plain nasty. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

PeaFaceMcgee Sat 22-Apr-17 18:17:55

I agree completely.

BenLinusatemyhomework Sat 22-Apr-17 18:19:26

Me too. There is no need for it.

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Apr-17 18:19:52

YANBU, but it's never been any different on MN.

I've yet to see a Male MNetter being advised to tell a woman she has a 'hole like a bucket' or a 'pair of spaniel's ears' for tits.

mrsmuddlepies Sat 22-Apr-17 18:20:43

I agree. Lots of abusive terms from posters laughing at men that would never be tolerated if men used them about women. MN is rife with double standards

Aeroflotgirl Sat 22-Apr-17 18:21:09

It is tit for tat isen't it, I think I know the thread, op should just ignore and block the idiot.

ThomasHardyPerennial Sat 22-Apr-17 18:21:52

I agree, it is horrible. Such a lazy insult, and it is puzzling why some people find it so hilarious too.

HallowedMimic Sat 22-Apr-17 18:21:58

Yes, name calling is bad.

But, are you familiar with the expression 'ugly cunt'? Or any of the other myriad expressions yelled at girls and women daily, from passing cars, building sites, on school yards, in their own homes?

It's hard to become outraged by your particular example, as a stand alone.

Iamastonished Sat 22-Apr-17 18:22:21

I agree.

I would also like to see men not talk about women's bra sizes in a derogatory manner.

DD had a horrible experience at school last year (year 11) when an immature 16 year old boy told her in front of the entire class that he thought she would look like a 12 year old boy without any clothes on. This kind of sexism and body shaming needs to be stamped out.

Wedrine4me Sat 22-Apr-17 18:24:38

I've often thought this and thought less of the posters saying such things.
Horrible, horrible comments.

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Apr-17 18:26:03

Ugly cunt is not the same as small penis 'gags'.

Ugly penis would have to be the equivalent

Or massive gaping cunt I suppose.

Wedrine4me Sat 22-Apr-17 18:27:15

But, are you familiar with the expression 'ugly cunt'? Or any of the other myriad expressions yelled at girls and women daily, from passing cars, building sites, on school yards, in their own homes? It's hard to become outraged by your particular example, as a stand alone.

That is completely different. Nobody actually has an ugly cunt. It's just horrible name calling. Lots of men/boys do have a small penis. How do you think they feel?

TizzyDongue Sat 22-Apr-17 18:28:19

Yes it's pathetic, not sure about 'horrific' though. It's very immature- anyone with an iota of sense knows chances are it's a made up fact and juvenile.

But to this:

Can you imagine if a woman upset a bloke and all his mates said tell her she has awful labia, tell her her fanny is horrible, tell her she doesnt look normal down there

I don't think we do have imagine do we. It happens too. Equally pathetic.

BertrandRussell Sat 22-Apr-17 18:28:52

Hmm. I'm not endorsing it, of course. And i haven't read the thread. But women's physical appearance is commented on and used against them all the time. Whether they've done anything wrong or not. And you did say the man in question was a scumbag. Not saying it's right. But understandable, no? In a world where a man who has said that a woman was too ugly to rape can be elected President of the USA?

HermioneJeanGranger Sat 22-Apr-17 18:30:24

YANBU.

MN is full of double-standards though, so it's hardly surprising. Women are practically cheered on in situations where if it was the man doing the equivalent, they would be lambasted and told how awful they were.

usernumbernine Sat 22-Apr-17 18:30:40

The equivalent would be fanny like a bucket. And if a man was saying that to a woman and she posted on here there would be outrage.

SmurfPants Sat 22-Apr-17 18:31:26

I totally agree OP and I've nearly started this thread myself several times.

FourToTheFloor Sat 22-Apr-17 18:31:26

My first bf mate asked me genuinely if I minded have small breasts. I said no, did he mind having a small penis? I thought it was obvious I was joking as how would I know how big his dick was confused

Completely forgot my BFF had slept with him a few times. She never mentioned his penis size BTW. My bf at the time asked my why I had been rude and embarrassed his mate.

Not a fucking word about his mate's rude comment to me.

I was actually glad after that that I'd said what I did. The size of my breasts were never discussed around me again and bf mate asked me years later if BFF had said his penis was small.

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Apr-17 18:31:49

I don't think we do have imagine do we. It happens too. Equally pathetic.

Completely agree.

But MN is weird at times in that so many people would be fuming to hear about women's genitals being referred to in a derogatory way.

Yet so many people think it's ok to be derogatory towards men and their genitals.

Double standards.

StarlingMurderation Sat 22-Apr-17 18:32:15

In theory, intellectually, I agree. It's clearly out of order and unpleasant. But I can't get too worked up about it, I'm afraid.

WobblyLegs5 Sat 22-Apr-17 18:32:36

Fat bitch, old hag, heifer- Said to women plenty, some of whom are ofcourse fat/old etc

Afraid I can't get worked up about a few poor men feeling inadequate considering women, especially vulnerable girls, suffer so much because of mens expectation of womens appearance.

usernumbernine Sat 22-Apr-17 18:34:08

Since when do two wrongs make a right?

confused

BertrandRussell Sat 22-Apr-17 18:34:32

"Yet so many people think it's ok to be derogatory towards men and their genitals"

Could it be because some men seem so very proud of their genitals? So they are an easy target, so to speak?

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Apr-17 18:34:55

I'm pretty sure there are vulnerable boys suffering too, because of the expectation they should have an average or above sized penis.

deffonamechange Sat 22-Apr-17 18:34:57

I have a very good male friend who has got a smaller penis. He has huge issues with self esteem, confidence, relationships, shame.
He is great looking lovely popular intelligent blokes but direct insults like this are just awful and the impact is huge.

Yes women have all been body shamed and heard nasty comments about themselves. I think that's why i find it so depressing..cos we know the horrible feeling and impact of being taunted for something you can do nothing about.

Its reasurring to know i am not alone in sharing this view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now