Talk

Advanced search

A small loan about bins

(5 Posts)
viques Sat 22-Apr-17 13:51:09

Because of the bank holiday the bin men emptied both bins this morning ( normal and recycling) I appreciate that they had double work to do, so I am not blaming them for putting my(clearly labelled)recycling bin in next doors front garden. However, when I went round to return theirs (not labelled) and retrieve mine I was a bit miffed to realise that in the scant half an hour they had had custody of my recycling bin they had managed to put in three black bags of normal household stuff, a huge milk carton and a loose fag packet.

So which should I moan about most? Their inability to read numbers, their sullying of my recycling bin with non recycling items or their wanton production of rubbish ,

They are nice people, but blimey how hard is it to put your rubbish out in time to catch the bin lorry, to put it in the right bin and return someone else's bin for them.

and breathe.

At least their rubbish was in bags. Thankful for small mercies.

viques Sat 22-Apr-17 13:53:00

Moan, a small moan.

In my defence I was distracted by Anne Widdicombe's awful voice...........

John4703 Sat 22-Apr-17 14:04:42

I'm amazed that the bin men return your bins to any garden. Our bin men leave then on the pavement.
YANBU to moan about the neighbour using your bin. The neighbour should have realised as you have your number on it. They should have looked for their own bin.

viques Sat 22-Apr-17 14:23:46

John, our bin men are lovely, except for the crew who send their bin puller outer round at 5 in the morning!

John4703 Sat 22-Apr-17 18:12:58

John, our bin men are lovely, except for the crew who send their bin puller outer round at 5 in the morning! reminds me of this story.
A stranger visited a small village and saw lots of children playing in the park. He was surprised at how many children there were in such a small village and asked who they were.
A local simply said “They’re Jim Jenkins’ children” and left it at that. The visitor tried to find Jim Jenkins to discover what there was about him that gave him the stamina to father so many dozens of children. After much questioning, he found out that Jim Jenkins was a train driver and some mornings he would blow the whistle as he went through the village at 5.00 am. As the local midwife explained, at that time it is too late to go back to sleep and too early to get up so we call them Jim Jenkins’ children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now