Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at this

(17 Posts)
jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:32:10

Name changed

I am off sick from work. Have been for 6 weeks now. I work for a very small company, only a few of us. I have a colleague who thinks we are friendlier than we are (I am pleasant to her, will listen when she has a moan etc but wouldn't say we are friends)

Anyway, this colleague keeps messaging me asking when I am back etc. Messaged me twice now saying will I ever come back, "looks like I am wanting to be a SAHM now" ?! God knows how she has come to this conclusion, as I've put nothing on FB (incase anything is misconstrued etc)

It's really annoying me. I am off sick with something that can't be helped, and if I go back I risk it getting worse. Wish she would leave me alone!!

AIBU?! I am just ignoring her messages now!

NotStoppedAllDay Sat 22-Apr-17 11:34:58

Blimey! She's just being friendly!

user1488721675 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:35:15

She sounds like she's just missing you and being friendly. She might be annoying but 2 texts in 6 weeks isn't that intrusive.

bigchris Sat 22-Apr-17 11:36:24

I'm a lone voice I see but the sahm comment is a bit rude no?

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:36:53

Oh its way more. It's a message every couple of days.

Sorry, I thought her attitude was a bit forceful, especially as employers have to careful pressurising staff when off sick (don't they?)

Maybe IABU then. Not sure!

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Apr-17 11:38:22

Did you answer the first message?

NotStoppedAllDay Sat 22-Apr-17 11:38:36

Is she your employer then?confused

Asmoto Sat 22-Apr-17 11:38:49

YANBU - her messages sound intrusive, and more likely to be motivated by curiosity than concern. Could you send her a polite text saying that as you're focusing on your recovery, you would rather not receive messages about work?

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:39:42

Good idea Asmoto. She isn't, but she thinks she is as good as! She is a bit of a busybody!

user1489179512 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:39:52

YABU. She is being nice and you seem pretty unappreciative.confused

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:39:56

Yes I always reply.

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:42:46

I appreciate you thinking she is being nice, but if you knew her I think you'd think differently! I'll give her the benefit of the doubt - thank u

FanaticalFox Sat 22-Apr-17 11:43:09

Might help to know why you're off? If its stress then people don't really get this at work they don't understand. She is probably/possibly trying to be nosey but also possibly she is being friendly. Just come off facebook etc if shes messaging you on there. If you are off for stress then putting your phone down and going out and doing stuff to cheer yourself up/destress is important anyway.

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:45:00

Sorry, off with Broken arm

Toxicity Sat 22-Apr-17 12:25:51

I don't think she is being nice, she is not asking you how you are or making chit chat. She is asking when you will be back, she really shouldn't be asking when you are off with a broken arm. I'd ignore her!

PietariKontio Sat 22-Apr-17 12:30:38

What job do you do? Interested as I've not had a job that I'd get 6 weeks off with a broken arm. Maybe that explains it a bit. Still, wrong to be pestering you, tho' she may not be doing that deliberately.

jarhead123 Sat 22-Apr-17 12:32:01

Rather not say but the dr has said working runs the risk of aggravating it and slowly down recovery

Thanks toxicity! That's my feeling exactly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now