Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if you voted Tory in 2015 but voted Remain in 2016...

(7 Posts)
user40788 Sat 22-Apr-17 10:24:18

are you more likely to vote for the Conservatives (and by extension a possible hard Brexit) or the Liberal Democrats if they run under a manifesto of stopping/reversing Brexit or pushing for a soft Brexit?

User2468 Sat 22-Apr-17 10:28:34

I voted Tory and voted remain.

I shall most likely vote Tory again as I agree with the majority of their views, more so than other parties.

(Personally I'm more inclined to set up my own party...)

StripeyMonkey1 Sat 22-Apr-17 10:34:04

I live in a Conservative-dominated but strong Remain area. I know a few Tory voters locally who are going to vote LibDem this time. Our area could definitely go yellow.. it has been close before.

LittleBearPad Sat 22-Apr-17 10:35:24

I will vote lib dem (they should win the seat). We need some form of opposition - just for good government.

SaltyMyDear Sat 22-Apr-17 10:36:36

I'm a swing voter. Voted Tory last time due to one specific policy.

I'm in a very safe Tory seat so I didn't worry too much about my vote last time.

This time I'm voting Lib Dem and am very sad because I think my seat is still very safe - even though it was a remain seat.

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Sat 22-Apr-17 10:40:07

I voted Tory in 2015 (against my better judgement but liked our local candidate) and voted Remain in 2016

I am undecided so far in this election but definitely won't vote Tory again. I'd like to vote LibDem but it will depend on the local candidate and whether I believe he/she has a decent chance of winning. If the LibDem candidate is weak then I will most likely vote Labour. (I haven't checked up on my local candidates yet)

ThornyBird Sat 22-Apr-17 10:49:52

I also voted Tory for the first time (and last for the foreseeable future) thanks to fear that UKIP might get in locally.

Our MP was a Remainer and apparently campaigned for Remain but it must have been quietly - though our constituency voted remain (as did I).

Although I was a Remainer, I accept the Brexit result and get angry at all the hand wringing. It shouldn't be reversed and I actually would have trusted TM to see us through it. But I disagree with too many other Tory policies.

I won't be voting Tory this time. I am not a natural Tory. Nor am I a Labour supporter, or Green. Both parties seem to have splendid social ideals but no real idea how to implement them. Tony Blair broke the Labour Party imo. UKIP - just no. So it looks like a return to be Liberal comfort zone - assuming we get a Lib Dem candidate of course...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: