Talk

Advanced search

To be worried..? Message from GP.

(18 Posts)
2468whodoweappreciate Sat 22-Apr-17 09:56:57

Yesterday my GP left a message on my landline to call them. I picked it up after closing & they are now shut until Monday.

What on earth could it be? I'm not waiting for any results etc although did have a health screen a few months back, told all results fine. Last smear was nearly 2 years ago. Not on long term med aside from topical steroids I've used for yonks.

Any ideas before I drive myself crazy with worry by Monday?

witchofzog Sat 22-Apr-17 09:58:42

It could be to get your consent for a study of some sort. My organisation support people with certain health conditions but we can't contact them until the gp has obtained verbal consent . Could it be this?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 22-Apr-17 10:00:25

Mine rang to update my contact details as no landline registered. . Have you got a mobile number they may be after?

Mum2jenny Sat 22-Apr-17 10:01:26

They left a message on the answer phone to call them ASAP, just because they wanted to know if I paid for prescriptions. So it may be no big deal, here's hoping flowers

mycavitiesareempty Sat 22-Apr-17 10:01:59

Could be something as simple as you are due a medicine review or your mobile number is incorrect on your records. Don't panic.

CamilleDesmoulins Sat 22-Apr-17 10:03:07

Review of your steroids?

yellowfrog Sat 22-Apr-17 10:03:16

It could be something really dull like " can you confirm your address" - I've had stuff like that!

SaucyJack Sat 22-Apr-17 10:05:09

If you're not waiting for any test results, then logically there won't be any bad news they can give you :-)

2468whodoweappreciate Sat 22-Apr-17 10:11:20

All feasible thanks. My reservations are around the fact I've been at this GP's for 15yrs & never been contacted without expecting it. If it was to do with the kids they usually say 'for parent of guardian of'. They have my mobile number but didn't call that so I'm taking that as a positive.

You do hear of these cases where test results have been misread or the test inaccurate. It's happened to my own DD at this GP luckily the wrong way around i.e. just was told she was positive for something when in fact she was negative. So it's on my mind that happens.

Would they say it was urgent if it was, or ask to contact asap, or is that not done so not to worry people?

ClaudiaWankleman Sat 22-Apr-17 10:28:21

If it was urgent, they would be signposting you to other health services that are open. It is probably nothing - don't worry.

BollardDodger Sat 22-Apr-17 10:50:55

Perhaps your steroids need reviewing. I imagine any medication you take needs to be reviewed at regular intervals, and they've suddenly noticed that your's hasn't been reviewed.

2468whodoweappreciate Mon 24-Apr-17 09:57:12

Sleepless nights were over an uncollected prescription!
Very relieved though.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 24-Apr-17 10:04:50

Glad it was nothing.

SaucyJack Mon 24-Apr-17 10:04:55

star

BollardDodger Mon 24-Apr-17 18:02:35

Glad it was nothing. I know confidentiality is important, but sometimes it is taken to the extreme.

2468whodoweappreciate Mon 24-Apr-17 22:25:20

I fed that back bollard it hung over me all weekend. They have my mobile & an online message service the surgery chooses not to use, both of which would be confidential.

On the positive side lots of good advice was given, so thanks all!

user1471545174 Mon 24-Apr-17 23:48:53

If only they'd said what it was about when they rang!

Coastalcommand Mon 24-Apr-17 23:54:24

Inviting you for a screening of some sort?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now