Talk

Advanced search

To feel I should HAVE to be friends with someone?

(2 Posts)
Mumtoahostofdingbats Sat 22-Apr-17 09:22:51

New child joined our school last term in January and I was friendly to the mum and asked her and child for coffee play date. She is rather pushy and we ended up spending quite a bit of time togthwr i.e. I showed her round local area and went to hers for dinner with the kids, - few play dates. Didn't seek her out, it was always her initiative. She really isn't my cup of tea and she has now revealed herself to be quite domineering and moody. Most recently she was quite off with me when she's asked my Child on a play date and I let her know he was already going on one with another child. At pick up (for my other dc) she was really off with me and made a remark like 'oh how nice those boys are having a play date together' It's all so pathetic and hardly even warrants a thought but somehow I feel bad and uncomfortable and now like her and want to spend time with her even less. Can I cut her off or do I say something?? 😬

user1491572121 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:50:10

Just stop calling her back. If she texts for a playdate then text back something like "Sorry, busy that day"

Don't offer explanations. She;ll get the hint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now