Talk

Advanced search

What would you do?

(8 Posts)
MsGameandWatch Fri 21-Apr-17 20:18:24

Dd told me today that a boy in her class called another girl a "slut". They're 9 and 10 ffs! I know it's true because dd asked me what it meant and then told me where she heard it. I'm truly shocked and I think it's way way beyond school banter. Should I tell the parents of this girl and the school? Or is that just what kids are saying to each other now. This child also talks about "smoking weed". How would you handle this?

Heirhelp Fri 21-Apr-17 20:19:53

If it happens in school then talk to the teacher.

PurpleDaisies Fri 21-Apr-17 20:20:55

Tell the teacher. Trying to solve this sort of thing yourself can go horribly wrong.

MsGameandWatch Fri 21-Apr-17 20:22:48

I'm actually friends with the mum of the girl, which is why I wondered if I should tell her.

Ethylred Fri 21-Apr-17 20:23:44

"Darling it means a lady who doesn't iron her sheets."

StillDrivingMeBonkers Fri 21-Apr-17 20:24:16

Although probably not in this case I use 'slut' in its original form, 'a woman with low standards of cleanliness.'

I would let the girls mother deal with it and not involve myself in other peoples children's playground spats.

MsGameandWatch Fri 21-Apr-17 20:26:37

I'm not involving myself. It was said in front of my child to my friends child and my child involved me. And I think calling young girls sluts goes beyond a "playground spat", it was said during lessons.

UppityHumpty Fri 21-Apr-17 21:00:21

I'd tell the school tbh. The other girl might be being bullied.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now