Talk

Advanced search

To admire DCat's work ethic?

(10 Posts)
TheCatOfAthenry Fri 21-Apr-17 20:13:24

She is also a professional seat warmer and sock hunter.

(Little bit smitten with our new rescue cat.)

Gabilan Fri 21-Apr-17 20:19:14

She is very cute. And where cats are concerned, I admire any animal that appears to spend 22 hrs a day asleep, jam a full day into 2 hours, and turn me into a housekeeper/ butler/ Major Domo for their benefit. Frankly it's genius.

BreakfastAtStephanies Fri 21-Apr-17 20:25:50

YANBU

She is gorgeous.

Our DCat is hired assassin of all those things that need to be killed: mice, voles, squirrels ( yes, squirrels ) and birds. But not frogs, lucky them.

He is also in charge of jumping on the bed and lying on my head at 6 a.m. daily; a role he takes pride in and relishes.

HerBluebiro Fri 21-Apr-17 20:47:25

Our dcat is (fortunately) a somewhat useless Hunter. I've seen him pounce on a (still) flower and miss. God love him.

Still at least it means very few presents at the bottom of the stairs in the morning. He also can't jump over the stairgate. So has only my two dogs to terrorise in the morning not me. Bliss

HerBluebiro Fri 21-Apr-17 20:47:44

Yours is gorgeous though

FruSkogKattOla Fri 21-Apr-17 20:50:26

She is lovely!

Neither of ours has a work ethic whatsoever hmm grin

Didiplanthis Fri 21-Apr-17 21:08:17

Mine has a serious hunting ethic - but is ethical with it. Most of it involves bringing live friends home to play. Mice,voles,shrews, rabbits, birds, bats (!) , lizards, frogs, slow worms, a squirrel, a stoat, oh and a mole. All been found doing laps of my kitchen..... and she still sleeps 22 hours a day. Often with her new friends dancing about in the same room. Yours is v v cute though..

Avonandice Fri 21-Apr-17 21:28:26

I think mine is an exercise instructor. He brings back things he's caught - always alive, never any corpses just live cross animals.

Frogs, mice, birds I get. But now its baby rabbit time.

TheCatOfAthenry Fri 21-Apr-17 23:01:05

Love all your cat stories. I'd like some photos though, you know, as proof of their cathood and so I can make sure they're not labradoodles in disguise, or mafia members or anything... you know... for your safety.

GertyTheGert Fri 21-Apr-17 23:21:53

Gabilan I heart everything you said - espec butler!!!! My cat is under the weather (removal of abscess) and I therefore go out after work, visiting shop after shop, looking for tasty morsels to tempt him. Tinned salmon and tuna turned down; tinned sardines in tomato sauce turned down; chicken turned down; chicken liver pate (his fav) turned down; cream - mwherrrrr, ok then but just a leedle beet. I microwaved myself a prawn combo paella, sat down - turns out cat is WELL into Spanish cuisine hence he had all the meat in it and I ate the rice and red peppers. Hasta la vista el gato!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now