Talk

Advanced search

To be grossed out by a masseuse dripping sweat over me?

(16 Posts)
Leafcushionswhy Thu 20-Apr-17 23:29:13

I have a relatively expensive sports massage every month. It's my treat to myself over haircuts and other little luxuries. I go to a place where I have a different person each time.

Today the masseuse started my massage and within a couple of minutes I could hear her panting quite heavily. She really seemed to be out of breath and struggling. When she asked me how I found the pressure I said it was great, but I didn't want her to puff herself out. She said no it's okay.

So she carries on and next thing I know I am getting drops of sweat from I presume her face, dripping down on to my body. She's still panting. The first few I thought maybe that happened without her being aware of it. But I soon realised that she was sweating a lot to the point she would have definitely noticed and the drops were falling on to my back and neck and hair. But she carried on massaging me and when she got to the area the droplet fell, she just rubbed it in with the oil.

The irony was it was a great massage. So I carried on and gritted my teeth and waited until she went to my legs so at least it wouldn't drop on to my body.

AIBU to be totally grossed out by this? And if you think I should have said something what should I have said?

MiltopMighty Thu 20-Apr-17 23:31:01

Christ, that is grim. I'd not be pleased about that at all. I've never had anyone sweat on me when having a massage!

KC225 Fri 21-Apr-17 00:30:17

Ryan Gosling got a belly in the mouth. See Graham Norton clip on you tube

Raggydolly3 Fri 21-Apr-17 00:43:51

That is bad OP. Not sure what i would have done. I would like to think I would have said something but I prob would have done what you did. Though poss complained on the way out

chastenedButStillSmiling Fri 21-Apr-17 00:44:07

I hope you didn't tip!

PastaOfMuppets Fri 21-Apr-17 01:45:42

Ew confused
YANBU

Fluffybrain Fri 21-Apr-17 02:19:25

This is not good. I would leave feedback. The massage therapist needs to know that you were aware she was sweating on you and that you found it unacceptable. Also the place who employs her needs to know as she will be losing them business.

cleanjean Fri 21-Apr-17 03:00:48

Gross! I'd call and let them know how disgusting you found it, but please don't post up feedback online until you've given them a chance to deal with it first as it will put others off going there and may have been a once off (hopefully).

HLBug Fri 21-Apr-17 03:18:46

YANBU. I had something similar last week (but not as gross) - went for a lovely relaxing facial and all the way through all I could smell was cigarettes from the therapist's fingers. It was just after lunch so she'd obviously had a fag in between clients. It was really off putting and messed with all the lovely essential oil smells I was meant to be sniffing instead. As I lay there I vowed I would email them later to let them know...but I still haven't. Should do though...as should you.

limitedperiodonly Fri 21-Apr-17 21:27:41

Did you tip her?

PeaFaceMcgee Fri 21-Apr-17 22:09:25

Erm... We're meant to tip on top of an already expensive massage? #mustliveonanotherplanet

supermoon100 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:14:08

Mmm - that's what I call a proper first world issue!

carabos Fri 21-Apr-17 22:24:13

I did a Diploma in sports massage last year. Lesson one was about hygiene- for the therapist and the client. We were told specifically what to wear (no exposed armpits) so no vest tops etc in order to avoid getting sweat onto anything. One guy in the group never wore appropriate clothing- always in a vest- and got told off every week. He admitted that he had dripped onto a client and the lecturer was furious.

Having said that, while the massage does require effort from the therapist, good technique should mean that it's not so much effort that you're dripping sweat to be honest. I would be concerned that her technique wasn't great (I know you thought it was a good massage) and that's why she was sweaty.

limitedperiodonly Fri 21-Apr-17 22:26:50

#mustliveonanotherplanet

Erm #mustnotbesogullible

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Fri 21-Apr-17 22:31:50

I hate massages and will never have another. This thread has clarified that decision. What a grim experience OP.

KoolKoala07 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:33:43

Ewww I'm a beauty therapist and provide massage (11 years) and I have never sweated on a client! Yuk! We have the treatment room warm for the clients as they are semi clothed so that can make the therapist very hot. I usually ask my clients if they are warm enough and provide extra covers. If the room is too hot it's easy to feel like passing out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now