Talk

Advanced search

About this y5 homework!

(15 Posts)
YellowLily Thu 20-Apr-17 22:37:26

Sorry for double post - thought I'd posted here to begin with.

Homework is for year 5s - have to use the words therapist and the rapist within a sentence to show they understand the words / impact putting the space in the wrong place has?

This is not my child btw - but a friend's son. It seems inappropriate even for a much older child! confused

Mrsglitterfairy Thu 20-Apr-17 22:39:29

I would agree that that's probably not appropriate. My DS is in yr4 and I wouldn't expect him to have something like that next year

RoseRuby26 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:39:35

So very inappropriate

elevenclips Thu 20-Apr-17 22:42:45

Holy shit!
I'd deal with it if my child brought it home but there are some in Y5 who don't even know what sex is, let alone forced sex. In that position, to learn those two things together isn't right IMO. You learn about sex being the way babies are made. When you are a little older you learn people enjoy sex so do it recreationally as well as to have babies. Then when you are a little older again, you learn about rape.
Just my opinion anyway!

leccybill Thu 20-Apr-17 22:44:12

I wouldn't be happy about this at all.

Clawdy Thu 20-Apr-17 22:46:55

That worksheet doesn't look genuine though.... "Mother English" and "cruel play". All looks very odd.

Zafodbeeblbrox10 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:48:03

WTF?

Ihatethedailymail1 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:48:56

I'd be complaining to the head if my kids school sent that home. Completely inappropriate. I don't want to explain the word rapist to my dd in year 5, no way.

Orlantina Thu 20-Apr-17 22:52:12

That worksheet doesn't look genuine though

I agree. 'Mother English' hmm

YellowLily Thu 20-Apr-17 22:54:09

Yes ihate, that's one of the issue. Awkward questions have been asked - my friend shouldn't have had to answer that. I showed to a colleague earlier and we said there are so many more better examples, like 'life' and 'live' if they wanted to make a point about similar words.

To be fair I haven't seen the worksheet just the photo of it but don't think my friend would lie about it - and it's been on Facebook and lots of irate mums commenting, so I have no reason not to believe it.

Clawdy Thu 20-Apr-17 22:56:55

Urban myth, I suspect.

Scholes34 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:58:55

Didn't they do this years ago on Benny Hill?

Beeziekn33ze Thu 20-Apr-17 23:00:09

Clawdy. Yes, stupid spoof.

Dixiestamp Fri 21-Apr-17 03:07:25

My DH had to explain the meaning of rape to my yr 5 son as had he read it in a book about WW11 (albeit an adult book, not aimed at kids) and he cried. I just can't believe a teacher would give this to yr 5?!!

Trifleorbust Fri 21-Apr-17 06:41:09

That isn't appropriate for Y5s.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now