Talk

Advanced search

WIBU To have a red bull?

(15 Posts)
MsMarvel Thu 20-Apr-17 21:19:08

I'm shattered, feeling very sleepy but need to go to the gym. Will be spending approx an hour there before coming home, having a bath and going to bed. If I have a red bull will it wear off in time for bed or will I be wide awake all night?

I need something to perk me up enough for the gym!

KC225 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:21:10

Love an ice cold red bull. Treat yourself quick before the hoards starts telling you tales of strokes, heart attacks and gout

Trills Thu 20-Apr-17 21:22:33

Depends on how much caffeine you have normally.

I'd be fine, but I drink coffee regularly.

I have friends who would not be able to sleep for at least 4 hours after a red bull.

MommaGee Thu 20-Apr-17 21:22:49

Have a black coffee

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 20-Apr-17 21:25:10

I'd do it. I don't find caffeine affects me though other than making me wee lots.

Wolfiefan Thu 20-Apr-17 21:26:34

Surely working hard at the gym will keep you awake?!

Trills Thu 20-Apr-17 21:30:10

A black coffee?!

If anything I'd say you need the sugar more than the caffeine.

MsMarvel Thu 20-Apr-17 21:32:58

Wolfie unfortunately not , if I go when I'm this tired I end up half arsing it and not doing as much as I should. More energy before I get the helps me be more motivated to work harder.

Wolfiefan Thu 20-Apr-17 21:38:01

Bugger! Could you eat something to give you a boost?

QuiteLikely5 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:38:17

You don't need to go to the gym!

Dishwashersaurous Thu 20-Apr-17 21:51:38

If you are that tired don't go to the gym, have an early night instead

MsMarvel Thu 20-Apr-17 21:52:04

QuiteLikely, I do to keep up with my workouts before my next PT session. I need to do shoulder workout and hamstring workout before Saturday, which means I NEED to go today and tomorrow.

I'm at the gym now resting between sets, having had a sugar free red bull and feeling pumped!

Wolfiefan Thu 20-Apr-17 21:54:47

Enjoy!

MommaGee Thu 20-Apr-17 22:31:04

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-drink/crush-your-workouts-coffee/amp

MsMarvel Fri 21-Apr-17 00:13:05

Momma that's really interesting! Will definitely be giving that a go! I don't actually like black coffee without any sugar, but can try and train myself to like it. Been thinking about buying pre-workout supplement stuff but coffee is cheaper and easier to get hold of!.

I like the idea that it increases fat loss, body fat % is being very stubborn and not shifting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now