Talk

Advanced search

grandchildren

(9 Posts)
Teeny12 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:24:25

Looking for advice please. I am in turmoil at the moment as I no longer speak to my stepson who has twin girls aged 4. He is making it as difficult as possible for me to see them. He has told them he hates me and I'm not their Gran but left it up to me to explain. He is using them to get at me and playing mind games. I was the only member of the family left that spoke to him. I have been advised to walk away as the girls will soon forget about me. I don't want them to get hurt but I am breaking point. TIA

UppityHumpty Thu 20-Apr-17 15:27:58

Need more info really. Is there a reason why he's doing this?

Teeny12 Thu 20-Apr-17 16:55:16

He fell out with me bcause he is jealous that my son is having a baby and he thinks I'm going to treat them differently. He has drug/ alcohol/ anger issues. Now he is being as nasty as possible. His brother and sister no longer speak to him because of the way he treats people. He is 40 but behaves like a stroppy teenager and expects everyone to do what he wants. He hates me because I finally stood up to him which he didn't expect. So now he is trying to poison the girls against me but it isn't working. I can't take any more and as long as I see the girls he will make it as awkward as possible. His wife even sent a video which was clearly staged.

ChaiTeaTaiChi Thu 20-Apr-17 16:59:54

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. You are no relation to those children and if their parents don't want you to see them, you can't see them.

Nanny0gg Thu 20-Apr-17 17:06:19

Are the children safe?

MatildaTheCat Thu 20-Apr-17 17:15:19

If the DC are living with their mother can you appeal to her? What was the content of the video?

If she's onside with him I think you need to leave the door open. Try to maintain contact any way you can and keep reassuring stepson ( who is clearly very troubled) that you love all your grandchildren equally and will always want to see your twin granddaughters.

Hope it works out.

2014newme Thu 20-Apr-17 17:17:26

Contact the mother instead.

DrasticAction Thu 20-Apr-17 18:31:25

Op I was wondering you may get more responses on Gransnet there is a link somewhere on here or google it, just as its more grans side etc...maybe more people in your position

Teeny12 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:44:42

Not 100%, no. He can be violent and has strangled his wife before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now