Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to fucking hate this?!?

(10 Posts)
Littlelegs19 Thu 20-Apr-17 03:12:45

4 month sleep regression and teething can go fucking do one! 😡

I've had an hours sleep since 11 and DS has just spent the last hour screaming the house down. I'm literally at my wits end with it! He is 22 weeks and started regression about 4/5 weeks ago and there's no sign of it letting up, if anything it's getting worse!
He has 2 teeth coming through at the same time and they have been there since he was about 18w but no sign of them breaking the skin yet!
And to make it worse DH has just taken him from me and within a few minutes he's stopped crying! 😤

user1482079332 Thu 20-Apr-17 03:50:05

I'm in the trenches with you flowers

WildKiwi Thu 20-Apr-17 03:54:01

I feel your pain. My DS is a few weeks older. Currently he wakes me up to find his dummy for him. I've tried putting dummies all over his cot, but even though he knows how to put it in his mouth and there's usually one right by his hand he yells until I do it for him. Then he grins and goes back to sleep, by which time I'm wide awake!

It's better than a few weeks ago though when he started wriggling up the cot and would start yelling when his head got to the top. I'd go in and he'd be on his hands and knees repeatedly banging his head on the cot and yelling - bang, yell, bang, yell.... Didn't seem to enter his mind to stop hitting his head confused

And you can guarantee that at the weekend when DH offers to get up to him and give me a lie in, DS will sleep through and have a lie in himself.

RaeSkywalker Thu 20-Apr-17 03:56:30

We're just out of the regression, but I vividly remember how awful it was. Poor you OP.

I'm up because DS is poorly, and also teething. Deep joy.

Cinderpi Thu 20-Apr-17 04:18:08

DD is 24 weeks, up screaming every hour because she has a cold. She doesn't stop screaming for DH - I wish she would!

Twopeapods Thu 20-Apr-17 04:52:31

This is the worst stuff and I completely sympathise. I always kept telling myself at that point that everything is a phase and it will pass and get better.
I'm currently up with DD1 age 5 with a temp of 40 with tonsillitis. It's just a phase.......

BreatheDeep Thu 20-Apr-17 05:09:17

Currently trying to get my 17 week old back in his cot after his last feed at 4am. He's just started the sleep regression about a week ago. He's waking every 2 hours for a feed. But this time won't resettle.

I feel your pain flowers

pinkblink Thu 20-Apr-17 06:04:56

I feel your pain, those days are a distant memory now though, don't give up hope, and absolutely get some ambesol liquid for those gums, just tell the pharmacist it's for your wisdom teeth or they won't hand it over! Even though it clearly has directions for teething on the bottle hmm

banivani Thu 20-Apr-17 06:38:33

I just read a tip somewhere for teething babies: wet a small towel and wring it out, then freeze it for a while. The texture and the cold is nice for the grizzlers apparently. I just had to post something, sleep deprivation is awful awful stuff!

Decsbetterhalf Thu 20-Apr-17 06:47:48

It WILL pass ....

Hang in there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now