Talk

Advanced search

To feel guilty

(10 Posts)
Fluffyears Wed 19-Apr-17 20:39:49

DP and I are on a week's break to Spain. Very nice hotel and staff work very hard (and long hours as see the same staff about all the time). Our room was serviced today but housekeeping forgot to leave towels, (they took the used ones away and only left hand towels), so I had to ask at reception who gave us towels.

AIBU as they took our room number and the staff member who serviced the room may get into trouble. I need towels though for showering so bad to ask for them!

Oakmaiden Wed 19-Apr-17 20:44:40

I doubt they will get into trouble. Don't look for reasons to feel guilty.

GeillisTheWitch Wed 19-Apr-17 20:47:02

You needed towels, it's not like you grassed them up over something petty just to cause trouble.

Chavelita Wed 19-Apr-17 20:47:27

I've worked in hotels. You're overthinking. Unless this was somewhere impossibly high-end and you were a VIP whose PA threw a hissy fit in the lobby, the housekeeping staff aren't going to get into trouble for forgetting your towels.

Fluffyears Wed 19-Apr-17 20:50:58

Aw thanks I just feel guilty as the staff are lovely and having had to work with the public in the past I bet they have a hard job. Dunno why I feel so guilty I don't normally overthink but I'm starting to get a bit hormonal (cycle day 21).

Rinkydinkypink Wed 19-Apr-17 20:52:32

I've worked in hotels. It's a very common request. Nobody will get in trouble it'll be forgotten about as soon as the towels arrive. Enjoy your holiday x

Fluffyears Wed 19-Apr-17 21:05:27

Thanks, dp suggested stealing some from next to the pool tomorrow lol. To make me feel better I have filled out a comment card giving housekeeping 5 stars (not mentioned towel-gate),

Secretsweets Wed 19-Apr-17 21:40:22

I work in Hotel/hospitality - they might mention it to housekeeping, but I can't imagine they would get into any really trouble. It happens sometimes, we just give the guest what is missing and apologise. We ask their room number as all linens and towels have to be accounted for daily, so it's more a case of knowing where it is and how many towels, pillows etc are in each room. If they thought you had 2 already and gave you another 2. your room would be down as 4 dirty towels that day, so the linen company would charge for 4 to be laundered. So they need to know you had none for the linen count. Hope my rambling makes sense !

Fluffyears Thu 20-Apr-17 08:29:50

It does make sense after all the need to be able to audit the bill for cleaning.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 20-Apr-17 08:34:20

You're definitely overthinking this, relax and enjoy your holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now