Talk

Advanced search

To think he should practice what he preaches

(5 Posts)
Fab39ish Wed 19-Apr-17 18:23:17

Our house is cluttered. I have lots of books and I admit I bulk buy toiletries when on offer.
Dh collects football programmes and also has a huge collection of another item. The latter is growing and has pretty much taken over the biggest room in the house.
He is always saying stuff like it should be one in one out when I spent my Christmas vouchers on a handbag or if you haven't used it in 6 months you should chuck it .
So Aibu to tell him to practice what he preaches.

Fab39ish Wed 19-Apr-17 18:25:18

O and we also have quite alot of sentimental stuff as we have both recently cleared out our parents houses but nowhere to really store it as we do not have a loft.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 19-Apr-17 18:27:28

YANBU - but he won't accept it. The difference is that his excess junk is 'a collection' - i.e. of no practical use to man nor beast - and somehow that is supposed to make it more rather than less acceptable. confused

Topseyt Wed 19-Apr-17 18:29:57

Yes, he should if he expects you to follow his diktats.

Do you follow the same rule with your toiletries etc. though?wink

Fab39ish Wed 19-Apr-17 18:40:59

I have stopped buying them unless I run out as I have enough to last a year. Re the handbag I just ignored .
The only time I questioned it was when he said we needed to clear a shelf of books.
I said we'll of we ate having a clear out maybe we should go through programmes. But they are OK apparently as they are bot stored on that particular shelf.
Tbf he did get rid of done of his books at that time as did I.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now