Talk

Advanced search

to be cheesed off?

(4 Posts)
gentlydoesit89 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:22:37

So I posted earlier about an interview, which I went to, but it turns out that the posting had mistakenly been put under the wrong reference so the job I've prepared for for the last fortnight wasn't the job I was interviewing for.

It wasn't even marginally different, it was a totally different job and not something I would have originally applied for, despite being able to answer the questions with examples and tailoring my responses to their questions.

But I feel really deflated. I've got home and I feel like the last fortnight has been such a waste of time with all my prep and research. Aibu to be fairly cheesed off?

Pariswhenitdrizzles Wed 19-Apr-17 16:28:36

gently flowers I'm so sorry. You're absolutely not being unreasonable. Have you spoken to the company at all to let them know what happened?

ditzychick34 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:31:49

I would speak to the company and explain, who knows maybe you adaptability will get you a job?

Timeforabiscuit Wed 19-Apr-17 16:31:58

I think youre well within your rights to be furious with the company!

If they are a profit making company, id be tempted to point out the amount of hours you put in and seek some sort of recompense, or if you're british (i.e. non-confrontational, would actually like a future working relationship with these people) a strongly worded letter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now