Talk

Advanced search

to wish DH would do a courtesy flush?!

(37 Posts)
4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:07:29

Why oh why, must a dump be allowed to ferment and percolate for around 40 minutes before it is finally flushed away? By that point, the whole top floor is reeking. Mentioning it makes no difference - just a wry laugh. angry

NennyNooNoo Wed 19-Apr-17 16:09:24

Why does he leave it so long? Is it some sort of male pheromone marker? Like a fox...

UrbanYokel Wed 19-Apr-17 16:13:42

🤣🤣 maybe he has two much fibre in his diet and the poop slips back down into the pan? Men don't care about this sort of stuff in my experience but I agree it's gross! My husband always manages to get poop smears on the seat and I'm like didn't you even check???

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:13:57

The toilet visits are always very long and the flush doesn't happen until the end. I've mentioned a quick courtesy flush, but to no avail.

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:15:01

Yes, skid marks in the loo! When we have visitors, I have to go in to check everything is okay after he's been. It's ridiculous how little they care about this stuff.

HeyRoly Wed 19-Apr-17 16:15:58

So he finishes and sits there ruminating in the smell and letting it fester in the pan for ages before getting up and flushing? Ugh! What is it with bloody men and their lengthy poo habits?

When he goes for a poo, is he trying to get out of some tedious household task like filling the dishwasher or cooking the children a meal?

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:17:25

Yes, that's about it Roly. Ugh. I think it's definitely used as an "escape" from me and the dogs perhaps. No kids.

Underbeneathsies Wed 19-Apr-17 16:17:55

Take photos of it and threaten to send it to all his family. Every time.
No reason why you should be the only one who has benefit!
Give marks for extra frothing and stinkiness.

I did this with my DH's shaving remains left on his basin. Stopped the mess instantly. He now rinses his stubble down and leaves it usable.

TitsalinaBumSquash Wed 19-Apr-17 16:19:45

You need some VIPoo.

Or a husband that's not grim.

Dadstheworld Wed 19-Apr-17 16:20:39

40 minutes? I 'd be suggesting altering his diet.

SherlockPotter Wed 19-Apr-17 16:21:47

40 minutes... does he take his phone/tablet into the toilet with him?

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:22:32

Funny how when we were dating, I was never privy (haha, geddit?!) to this. Something must happen to their bowels once the relationship gets comfortable.

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:22:58

Books. He has a little library in there.

WankingMonkey Wed 19-Apr-17 16:23:27

Ugh we get this sometimes. he flushes but it stays and he doesnt realise then I go up and am met with a stinky long that looks WAY too big to have ever came out of someones butthole.

A couple of months ago he blocked the loo and realised, came sauntering down declaring 'I just blocked the loo'. Was sent swiftly back upstairs to sort it. Why the fuck he thought someone else should do it, or why the fuck he seemed proud that he had dont a treetrunk sized shite I do not know. hmm

UrbanYokel Wed 19-Apr-17 16:24:04

"When we have visitors, I have to go in to check everything is okay after he's been. It's ridiculous how little they care about this stuff."

Yes me too! He must have red lines on his bum cheeks sitting on the lav for that long!

WankingMonkey Wed 19-Apr-17 16:24:07

Oh, I thought this thread was about left in the loo poops. Why the hell does it sit for 40 mins? confused

UrbanYokel Wed 19-Apr-17 16:24:43

If it's yellow let it mellow
If it's brown flush it the £!$! Down!!!

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:26:05

He's great at doing housework. Does at least as much as me. Sometimes more. Cleaning the loo is never on his radar though. Never. Yet he uses it for longer than anyone else in the house. It's a strange phenomenon, I must say confused

WetsTheFinger Wed 19-Apr-17 16:32:53

YANBU. Gross. Should be a plop swiftly followed by a flush every time.

Footle Wed 19-Apr-17 16:35:14

All men do not do this.

pfrench Wed 19-Apr-17 16:43:32

Mine too. Seems to think that chucking coloured loo cleaner down it will do the job - no, it just glides over the skid marks and then sits in the bottom of the water with the poo. Doesn't miraculously dissolve it.

The other thing is piss splash up under the loo seat - I have no idea how this happens, but it's only ever appeared when I've lived in houses with men. Really dark yellow and staining. Yuck.

WankStainWasher Wed 19-Apr-17 16:49:07

Stand outside the bathroom door, holding down firmly on the spray button on a can of Oust.
When he walks into a cloud of deodorising spray and shouts "What the fuck?!" through his tears (his eyes are burning from the spray, see? - much like yours are from the poop), you can explain that either he does a courtesy flush immediately after emptying his bowels, or the weekly shopping budget will go on cans of deodorising spray.
Sorted. grin
Oh and have these flowers to help with the stench in the meantime.

4390482098courtesy Wed 19-Apr-17 16:50:51

WankStainWasher ROFL!

WankStainWasher Wed 19-Apr-17 16:51:59

Oh, and I completely sympathise OP. My sons have a way of sitting on the loo that always results in the most appalling skid-marks.
They have yet to master the loo brush.

Dillybean Wed 19-Apr-17 16:52:35

Not much to add to this I'm afraid except it has given me the best giggle I have had in AGES! gringringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now