Talk

Advanced search

To still want a Big Yellow Teapot?

(62 Posts)
AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 14:24:39

Inspired by the thread about childhood toys

I had one. It was my pride and joy. My bitch of a DM smashed it up in front of me.

Does ANYWHERE still sell them?

Dontjudgeme1 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:29:12

Hi, AllRoads, l have just typed in Big Yellow Teapot and you get some one from Ebay. Hope you get one.

FlamingoFlower Wed 19-Apr-17 14:29:29

have you tried ebay? I've still got all my toys I just couldn't let go of them!
Whole collection of my little ponies along with the castle and various other buildings, big yellow teapot, get along gang club house caboose and the big red chimney pot!

Still sat in the attic collecting dust grin

helenjo32 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:31:22

You can get them on eBay for around £10. With figures and a biox from £50.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 14:32:00

WHY did I never think of ebay? <dumbass emoticon>

Deploycharitygoats Wed 19-Apr-17 14:34:08

YANBU, that was a horrible thing of your mother to do. I had one, it was amazing. Get thee to eBay.

wiccamum Wed 19-Apr-17 14:35:56

You are DNBU. I really wanted a Mr. frosty when I was a kid, but was never allowed 😢. My DH bought me one for Xmas many years ago...bloody loved it, made vodka slushies!!

I still hanker after this other toy I did have, can't remember the exact name, but it was a big, plastic aeroplane that folded out, and came with an air steward hat and little trolley...anyone remember that? And a pretend post office, with little stamps, postcards and envelopes. I bloody loved that thing 😍

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 14:38:50

Fuck me running...there's a MAJOR MORGAN on ebay too!!

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 14:40:07

Wicca I do not...repeat DO NOT buy slush puppies at the local Hungry Horse and pour WKD in them. I absolutely do NOT!

wiccamum Wed 19-Apr-17 14:54:16

Allroads , no of course you don't dear, of course you don't.......

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 14:55:59

They (used to, vegan now) serve me brandy in a kid's chocolate milkshake 😂😂

CotswoldStrife Wed 19-Apr-17 14:57:14

I bought one for a couple of pounds from a charity shop years ago - I think we still have it! DD loved it and used to ram her Happyland figures inside it (they get stuck in the spout) as ours didn't come with any figures.

CheepAndOrm Wed 19-Apr-17 14:58:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GlassSeahorse Wed 19-Apr-17 15:02:26

wiccamum, Mr Frosty must have improved then. I had one as a kid (early 80s) and it was shit. It used to grate the plastic from Mr Frosty's hat along with the ice. It was a real let-down.

RuggerHug Wed 19-Apr-17 15:03:46

Why the hell did your Mam do that?sad
There's still one in my parents attic that I am very much looking forward to getting once I have my DC in a few weeks, we knew holding onto it would pay off.
Mr Frosty was shite though. Still bitter I hankered after him for so long and wasted my communion money on himangry

glitterglitters Wed 19-Apr-17 15:05:17

YADNBU. Maybe scour the doctor's surgeries of the land and follow any clues left by the equally awesome big brown boots and you may find one!?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 15:16:31

Rugger if I got started on my "egg doner" I'd be here all day.

Did anyone have a Big Red Funbus?

glitterglitters Wed 19-Apr-17 15:18:31

No i wanted one so badly. Though now, as an adult, the whole house as a bus raises a lot of practicality questions.

upperlimit Wed 19-Apr-17 15:18:38

Did weebles come with the big yellow teapot? Or did I just play with them together?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 15:21:31

There were little figures. I remember a plastic girl with a red dress and yellow hair who I SO wanted to be like. (Egg doner again telling me daily that I was too ugly to be any use), and a dog. Was there a car too?

upperlimit Wed 19-Apr-17 15:23:32

I vaguely remember a car (blue?) but I think all my toys got mashed up together, I'm not sure what went with what.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 19-Apr-17 15:25:23

I had a big tree house thing that came with figures. I didn't know there was a teapot!

upperlimit Wed 19-Apr-17 15:25:44

Your mother sounds vile flowers

CheshireChat Wed 19-Apr-17 15:33:46

AllRoad Get yourself that teapot if it makes you happy, I still have my Barbies for which I used to save about 6 months for one. Also an elephant teddy that I found at the seaside.

Also, you might be interested in the Stately Homes thread.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 19-Apr-17 15:34:19

I vaguely remember a treehouse!

Did anyone have a Grandstand computer thingy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now