Talk

Advanced search

I just need to vent.

(9 Posts)
jmh740 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:08:22

My life is very stressful at the minute. My dad only got out of hospital last sun. On Monday and Tuesday last week oh was taken to A&E with chest pains. I'm now sat in asda cafe waiting to pick him up from hospital he's having an angiogram. I was going to wait at Starbucks which is nearer the hospital and my 22 year old son works there. I texted him to ask if he was working no reply, I texted my mum to ask if she's taken him to work today she often gives him a lift. Apparently he had a disciplinary yesterday and was sacked. He left home about 12 months ago he lives with a couple of friends they are meant to be moving next weekend. I don't think he will get housing benefit. He's off to uni in Sept so can't see anyone employing him for a few months. I know it's selfish but with worrying about my dad and my husband I haven't got the energy to worry about ds too. I don't know how to tell oh about him being sacked that won't help his heart condition. I'm so tired of worrying about everyone else I don't want to be an adult any more I don't want to be responsible for anything I want someone to look after me for a change. I feel so lonely ì don't really have any friends or anyone to talk to.

Lara2 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:09:52

flowers

1Evaline1 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:17:02

As hard as it is your son needs to stand on his own two feet and I'm sure it will all sort itself out in regards to himself, plus he can get a job he doesn't have to tell the employer that he's leaving in sept.

Sorry about you dp hopefully everything works out ok flowers

1Evaline1 Wed 19-Apr-17 14:17:53

Sorry meant your sad. So you get much support from dh, tell your son to tell his dad himself and save yourself a job and the drama

FanaticalFox Wed 19-Apr-17 15:36:04

Don't tell your OH. in fact don't mention it pretend you don't know until your DS comes to you to discuss it, or he may not as he may just get a new job quite quickly and just choose to tell you that he changed jobs. Theres loads of part time jobs out there I'm sure he'll be fine x

yaela123 Wed 19-Apr-17 15:40:31

flowers This sounds very scary and stressful but your son should be able to sort himself out. He's 22.

Is your DH out yet? How did it go?

flowers flowers

jmh740 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:25:36

Dh is out now he's sore, they couldn't find anything on the angiogram which is good but doent explain the chest pains hes having, so he has to see the consultant in blackpool (about 40miles away) next week. Oh is not his dad. They don't have the best of relationships ds was very challenging as a teen, they have been getting on much better in the last 12 months and this could set things back.

jmh740 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:26:54

Ds has an interview on Friday for another coffee shop I will be keeping everything crossed but not sure what will happen when they ask starbucks for a reference

LadyB49 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:34:06

About chest pain, my DH was rushed to hospital by ambulance with suspected heart problem. Nothing was found.

After further investigations It turned out to be his gall bladder and he's now waiting on surgery.

I'd also say nothing to your dh about your ds. Ds may resolve it himself. I do understand how you feel, us mums feel responsible for the wellbeing of everyone. Sometimes to our own detriment.

Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now