Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to stand up for myself ?

(12 Posts)
badgercat Wed 19-Apr-17 11:22:43

Need some wwyd advice, in brief (because its very VERY long) our neighbour likes to slam her door with as much force as she can manage when ever she comes and goes. She's had it pointed out to her how loud it is in our house and is using this as her latest weapon of choice to ? put us in our place ? reek revenge on how noisy we are ? who knows but her husband can come and go without so much as a thud. When asked about it (by a 3rd party) she said the door sticks or maybe its the kids.

We've had a very obvious period of it not happening and now its starting up again (we're moving, guess shes spotted the sold sign) I cant go round and ask her what the issue is now (police advice) and banging doors back is childish and seems to just spur her on,

So how do you deal with this ? AIBU to want to do something ? This morning it was a 6.30am alarm call, its making our dog reactive to every noise he hears and its just making the last few weeks here harder to bear. Obviously though, its not the end of the world and we could just let her have her fun while she can. I'm trying my hardest to be reasonable and not sink to the same level but I'm also guessing she thinks we HAVE done something to deliberately upset her, how do you deal with that ?

Shoxfordian Wed 19-Apr-17 11:24:27

You're moving, just ignore it until you go
Get some earplugs for the half 6 ones

FanaticalFox Wed 19-Apr-17 11:24:39

You're moving. Just make noise back to annoy her then never see her again!!

badgercat Wed 19-Apr-17 11:45:19

Those 2 replies reflect me and hubby perfectly :D

SapphireSeptember Wed 19-Apr-17 11:58:30

Get some speakers, get some Metallica CDs, put them on LOUD! Job done. grin

Seriously, she sounds like a cowbags who's just being incredibly childish. Do you have children who could stage a water fight when she's sitting in her back garden, and 'accidentally' give her a good soaking?

44PumpLane Wed 19-Apr-17 12:02:41

Get an air horn and blare it against the wall through the night every so often.
It's only 6 weeks so have fun with it!

Although 6 weeks is a long time for it to escalate so maybe keep your fun for the last week you're there.

Alternatively if you can go stay at a relatives house for the last few weeks you could set up 3 or 4 alarms to go off through the night, full blast smile

YouTheCat Wed 19-Apr-17 12:02:51

Are you noisy? Is your dog a howler when you're out?

I only ask as my new next door neighbours have a massive hound that howls whenever it's left alone.

I don't retaliate with noise as that would be childish.

Maggy74653 Wed 19-Apr-17 12:11:26

I would just ignore it as you are moving. You don't want things to escalate further, esp if your buyer was to come around for more viewings and was then put off the sale because of neighbour issues.

summerlovinggirl Wed 19-Apr-17 12:45:42

Ignore it! Unless you've exchanged contracts and everything is already prepped for you leaving then I wouldn't bother. If you've not exchanged contracts and your buyers happen to pop round, they could say something which could jeopardise the whole move. Try and rise above it, then send them an envelope full of dog shit once you've moved!!! 😂😂

badgercat Wed 19-Apr-17 12:54:51

YoutheCat,

He only gets left when i do the school run, which is the same next as next door 3 days a week, so although he does bark (on occasion, not every time) it shouldnt cause a valid disturbance. We've had 2 complaints to environmental health about him barking "day and night" (which is bs) so we have to take him elsewhere if we need to leave him just in case.

TheReefer Wed 19-Apr-17 13:20:33

O hope you have sold to some right noisy arseholes

Ignore her, I wouldn't give her the pleasure of knowing she is getting to you

FamilySpartan Wed 19-Apr-17 13:29:30

OP, I feel your pain. We had downstairs neighbours who used to slam the door so hard it would topple glasses on our table!

If you're absolute sure she's doing it deliberately, then just leave it. You're leaving soon. Don't give her the satisfaction. If you escalate you may end up with a bigger problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now