Talk

Advanced search

To be fine with my miserable birthday

(34 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 09:45:26

I am miserable. I have been since the start of my morning sickness, I will continue to be until this baby is out of me & i'm no longer in horrendous pain.

3 times before I'd even opened my eyes this morning my partner had said happy birthday. Had a couple of offers to babysit tonight so we can go out for a meal or something. No! I don't want to go out! I can't fit a proper meal in my stomach anymore so it's wasted on me, it hurts me to hobble along & sit on hard restaurant chairs. & I sure as hell don't have anything to wear or feel like putting any make up on. Why won't they just leave me & my miserable ass alone?

So far this morning I've had to have a go at both kids for not listening to me, the older one dropped a full up metal water bottle on my foot, there was so much bloody traffic the youngest ended up being late for nursery (they go to 2 different schools, I have no choice but to drive!) I've come home & got back into bed & cried again & here I shall stay until nursery pick up time.

I'm perfectly within my rights to just be left alone to my miserable day right??

KC225 Wed 19-Apr-17 09:55:53

Stay in bed, melt some left over Easter Egg on your tongue and imagine what a knees up you will have for your next birthday

FrizzyNoodles Wed 19-Apr-17 09:58:20

I agree with KC225 apart from I have no idea what left over easter egg is?!

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 09:59:49

I have no left over Easter egg I already ate my only one lol. Chocolate hurts my teeth anyway, another one of life's pleasures taken away 😕

Think I need some sleep, I'm constantly in a tired, annoyed state lately. Might try & get an hour now before I have to pick youngest up

NavyandWhite Wed 19-Apr-17 10:00:50

Have you spoken to your midwife about how you feel?

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 10:04:55

@NavyandWhite everything normal! Tiredness at 32 weeks, normal. Belly pains all day like a dull ache, normal. Spd, normal (well nothing they can do about it at least) feeling sick, normal!

Anyone else would say they just have to put their big girl pants on & get through the last few weeks but no, I don't want to do that, I want to throw a strop & stay in bed & be miserable about it all.
And I don't want it to be my stupid birthday while I'm at it 😫

KellyBoo000 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:11:58

I've never been pregnant but YADNBU. Your birthday, you do what you want. You're clearly very uncomfortable so just do whatever makes you most comfortable - and if that's not going out to eat food that you won't enjoy in a place you won't enjoy then that is fair enough!

If you're nearing the end of the pregnancy though, might be worth letting your DP know that you're more than happy to have fun birthday celebrations after the baby has arrived, so your DP can owe you a nice evening out in the not too distant future?

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 10:25:46

I'm about 7 weeks off so the birthday vibes will have well & truly worn off by then! That's fine with me though we do often go on little evenings out when I'm less miserable/aggressive/crying wreckgrin so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Bless him he is only trying to be nice, wanting to take me out, kept asking what presents I wanted etc, he just doesn't get how truly fed up I am & certainly doesn't understand how one can go off their food so much in pregnancy!

DuoTwo Wed 19-Apr-17 10:33:25

🎊🎉🎊🎈🎁🎊🎊🎁🎈🎁🎉🎊
Happy Birthday OP
🎊🎉🎊🎈🎁🎊🎊🎁🎈🎁🎉🎊

OP, I think getting into bed and having a loan is perfectly justified. There will be lots more birthdays. I felt crap during my pregnancies too - it's so tedious.....
hope you feel better soon

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 10:39:44

Sleep just isn't happening at the moment so if anyone has any ideas how to bribe a nearly 4 year old to have a nap with me once he's home, throw them my way! That'd be the best present ever today. That & not having to waddle down the maaaaassive long walkway to pick him up from nursery. That really bloody hurt this morning

FanaticalFox Wed 19-Apr-17 11:23:26

Eww how miserable! I'm 40+5 still going shopping out for lunch etc. Make the most of this time! Woman up, get some paracetemol down you and have a nice time. I bet you're going to be one of those woe is me mothers. Come on OP have some fun flowers

watchoutformybutt Wed 19-Apr-17 11:30:46

That's pretty rude Fox. Every woman is different and sickness at 32 weeks and SPD is utterly miserable. I feel you OP, I felt depressed with it. I hope you can get some rest.

GeekLove Wed 19-Apr-17 11:33:54

Best if you postpone your birthday and have an UnBirthday when you feel more up for it.

UnbornMortificado Wed 19-Apr-17 11:34:26

Happy Birthday 🎈🎁

And snap I had a cervical stitch put in two weeks ago my undercarriage is in fucking shreds.

Paracetamol

WizardLizard Wed 19-Apr-17 11:36:34

I hear ya OP. 33 weeks here and want to crawl under a rock. Trying to find ways to entertain my 4yo today while I can still be in a horizontal position.

Happy birthday though. Do whatever you fancy doing. I don't have any advice for getting a 4yo to nap though... wish I did. flowers

UnbornMortificado Wed 19-Apr-17 11:46:39

I'll try again.

Paracetamol is shit, can they not give you anything stronger?

I've been on oramorph and codeine both ok'd by consultant but I'm still in the second trimester, I know some things get restricted in the third.

clairethewitch70 Wed 19-Apr-17 11:46:41

Do you have a Kindle? treat yourself to a load of books and stay in bed to read them.

Happy Birthday cakeflowers

chocolateworshipper Wed 19-Apr-17 11:57:52

If the Queen can have two birthdays, so can you. You have a second birthday when you're feeling up to it.

VimFuego101 Wed 19-Apr-17 12:02:54

Your DH should be asking what he can do to make you enjoy your birthday. It sounds like you could use some peace and quiet and for him to do the school runs.

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Wed 19-Apr-17 12:07:20

Does the four year old sleep when he's put to bed at night?

If he does, maybe tell DH that what you'd really like is an evening snuggled up together on the sofa watching a film? Or whatever you'd like to do with similarly little effort?

Twingler Wed 19-Apr-17 12:07:43

Maybe just try to think of something you would enjoy this evening, even if it seems strange or not something that would have been enjoyable if you weren't pregnant. Maybe going to a swimming pool so you're not carrying the weight?

That's a bit unfeeling, fox. I had a fucking hellish time during my second pregnancy. I didn't moan to anybody other than close friends or family. My husband made an offhand comment about how tired I got trying to walk around a shopping centre and his boss kept having digs throughout the rest of my pregnancy, acting as though I was a drama queen. I've never even spoken to her. She's not been pregnant herself but happily talked about how her mom was just fine doing those things. She had the grace to look sheepish and shut up when i finally gave birth and my husband revealed just what a state I'd been in. I couldn't have predicted how many problems I would have during that pregnancy and my first was a lot easier. I still feel pissed off about it now since I am the opposite of a drama queen and had a hell of a lot on my plate at the time.

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 12:23:33

I'm gonna pretend that fox hasn't posted because I can't keep my dignity & reply to that 😂 fucking woe is me mothers, I've already got 2 kids who I've managed to raise perfectly well apart from occasional disobedience like this morning haha I was expecting 'pregnancy isn't an illness you know' at the end of that!

& let's not have a go at my OH, he has tried to think of things that'd be nice to do like a meal out etc, I'm just not up to it, & he can't do the school runs he has to go to work.

So glad the rest of you get my misery though smile spd is utter shit & 7 weeks sounds like for bloody ever when you know you're going to feel like this or worse the whole time.

I'm liking my youngest right now, picked him up from nursery & he gives no shits that it my birthday, we're laying here watching cartoons with no pressure to go for
Lunch or be cheerful at all grin

JonSnowsWhore Wed 19-Apr-17 12:27:33

Oh & yes I'm allowed co-dydramol but I seem to have a high tolerance to pain killers so all that does is make me more tired & doesn't relieve any pain.

My first pregnancy was a dream! Hardly any morning sickness, I was the one still out living life at 9 months etc, they've just got bloody worse as they've gone on, this will definitely be the last, I dread to think what'd happen if I had another, i think it'd completely finish me off shock

BitOutOfPractice Wed 19-Apr-17 12:29:00

Happy birthday OP. You do sound fed up

Perhaps your DH could come home early and take the kids out for dinner and pictures so you can just slob at home?

CheesyWeez Wed 19-Apr-17 12:36:26

Oh OP I feel for you. Say (loudly) that what you want is a quiet night!! I turned 40 in the last month of my pregnancy and just wanted a quiet night, I said to DH we'd celebrate after the baby came. and Ta-Dah! For a surprise he invited 10 members of his family around for dinner.
I cried.
Take it as easy as you can this afternoon. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now