Talk

Advanced search

Balls left my purse in a black cab

(10 Posts)
BrightonBelleCat Tue 18-Apr-17 22:33:23

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out if it's been handed in?

BrightonBelleCat Tue 18-Apr-17 22:33:45

Shit meant to post in chat!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 18-Apr-17 22:42:15

Oh its horrible when thst happens. It knocks you sick
Call the taxi firm. There's a high chance you'll get it back. There are more honest and good people in the world than dishonest.
I'll keep my FX for you.

Olivialoves Tue 18-Apr-17 22:44:22

Is there any ID in it by any chance? I had a black cab driver find my address from my driving licence and he sent it to me! To say I was surprised when a recorded delivery parcel came out of the blue was something!
The only thing is, not all drivers check the back of their cab before the next fare, so you've got to hope that the next customer isn't going to nick it, hopefully they will hand it to the driver for you

BrightonBelleCat Tue 18-Apr-17 22:44:39

It was just a random off the street London cab. Don't know how to trace it. My driving license was in it so hoping it gets sent back.

TheAntiBoop Tue 18-Apr-17 22:46:00

ime london cabbies go above and beyond to return lost property!

TheAntiBoop Tue 18-Apr-17 22:46:41

tfl lost property office have things handed in by cab drivers too so you could contact them

BrightonBelleCat Thu 20-Apr-17 16:28:46

Got it back! A nice chap who got in after me wrote me a letter and is posting it back to me. Faith in humanity slightly restored.

MrsTwix Thu 20-Apr-17 17:38:05

How lovely

MatildaTheCat Thu 20-Apr-17 17:46:48

Glad you got it back. I got my phone back after registering it with TFL. Took several weeks, though and had to pay £20 or so, so you did well.

I also left my phone along with my bank cards in an Uber a few weeks ago and got that back, too. I'm a silly careless person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now