Talk

Advanced search

My house for broke into...

(6 Posts)
chopper23 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:59:45

My home was broken into last, whilst we're on holiday.

I am torn between getting a flight home tomorrow or staying until Friday when we are due home :-(

Everything is just so bizarre. We did everything differently to what we usually do; taxi to the airport, not use the long stay car park, forgot to put all other keys in the safe as usual, neighbour didn't have the spare key as I'd had to use it when I locked Myself out last week!!!

I feel im to blame, but also feel so angry yet upset!!

chopper23 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:01:34

Oh, sorry for the typos. Fat thumbs.

NellWilsonsWhiteHair Tue 18-Apr-17 22:05:22

Oh no. I'm so sorry that happened - bastards. Afraid I don't have any useful advice. Have you friends/family near home who can oversee making your home secure again sooner than you can get home (whether that's tomorrow or fri)?

chopper23 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:31:38

They've made it as secure as can be. It's just so upsetting. Yet I'm also grateful we weren't there as a neighbours cctv has caught 5 of the bastards going in. I can't even begin to think what may of happened if we were home sad

ophiotaurus Tue 18-Apr-17 22:42:13

How awful. So sorry this has happened to you OP.
Would it be easy for for you to travel back? Would your travel insurance/holiday company be able to help arrange anything?

123rd Tue 18-Apr-17 22:43:12

Defo not your fault. Arse holes will try and get in anywhere. angry recently happened to us.
I went from very seriously pissed off and angry to being very very upset and scared.
Then that turned back to angry - how dare the scumbag make me feel scared???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now