Talk

Advanced search

Kiss ban during man flu

(10 Posts)
mummytwoshoes Tue 18-Apr-17 15:49:07

When DH has man flu, particularly a sore throat I generally try to limit kissing since I really hate getting a sore throat, it always seems to turn into an infection with me and I can't stand the flavour of 'soothers' etc that help. DH thinks this is an over reaction and kissing shouldn't be limited. AIBU or is this the done thing whenever someone is ill to attempt to stop it spreading?

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 18-Apr-17 15:50:52

No one kisses anyone while sick in this house. Does he want to get you sick?

VladmirsPoutine Tue 18-Apr-17 15:51:43

The man flu is neither here nor there. The fact is you have every right to not want to be kissed should you so wish. If you don't want to be kissed that's it. I can't see an alternative reasoning tbh.

gleam Tue 18-Apr-17 16:02:25

Does he want to pass it on?

<incredulous>

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 18-Apr-17 16:07:14

Limiting kissing is sensible.
Tell him that a hearty handshake is acceptable in lieu OS a kiss

VestalVirgin Tue 18-Apr-17 16:10:10

I thought "man flu" means that a man is exaggerating a common cold.

In which case it seems very strange that he would sabotage his own attempts at appearing more ill than he actually is by acting like either a healthy person or a complete arsehole who wants to pass on his horrible illness.

YANBU.

Since you actually do get a sore throat and infection from his kisses, I suppose he actually is a complete arsehole.

Starlighter Tue 18-Apr-17 16:11:32

A kiss on the cheek, if that, is all my DH will get if he's riddled with germs!

I tend to kiss the kids less too if I'm ill as I don't want to make them ill. (cuddles still fine obviously!)

Chloe84 Tue 18-Apr-17 16:21:16

Yes, as Vlad says, kissing should be as limited as you want to be, regardless of whether he is germy sick or not. But yes, kissing is a sure fire to spread sickness.

Hope he's not a groper.

Meekonsandwich Tue 18-Apr-17 19:15:06

You do realise that when he breathes, sneezes, coughs and talks he's releasing water droplets and bacteria/virus and germs into the air, which float around and get to you? He doesn't need to kiss you!
You can minimise the risk by getting him to wear a surgical mask.

Meekonsandwich Tue 18-Apr-17 19:20:46

How do you think tb spreads? Strangers don't go round kissing each other in the street!
Kissing spreads less bacteria than hand shaking apparently,
So unless you're getting him to sanitise his hands every time he coughs, sneezes or blows his nose, before he touches you its likely you'll get it.
Quarantine him, mask him, Sanitise everything he touches ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now