Talk

Advanced search

To think if trump can be President then corben can be pm!

(23 Posts)
brexitstolemyfuture Tue 18-Apr-17 13:06:19

Just that really, no need to write him off a lib lab could save us all.

The way things are i wouldn't be surprised if Allen was the next pm in 2022, so anything is possible.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 13:19:51

Except his own party hates him and he's the reason a lot of people aren't voting Labour this time.

Trump is a useless cunt but his party gave him the nomination and the GOP voters voted for him

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 13:20:33

Sorry to be thick but who is Allen?blush

brexitstolemyfuture Tue 18-Apr-17 13:22:06

Trump's party hated him also! Corben is the most popular leader with members they have ever had so that's something.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 13:24:25

Not sure what you mean by 'save us all' - not everyone's version of 'being saved' is the same. Some people will end up on a less favourable position if he gets in.

Unless you mean about Brexit - which he wanted anyway?

Feckerlino Tue 18-Apr-17 13:48:53

I bloody well hope not!

PerspicaciaTick Tue 18-Apr-17 13:52:13

Two wrongs don't make a right.

AliceScarlett Tue 18-Apr-17 13:56:04

Bless you. Not going to happen. Thank goodness.

Do you mean Lily Allen?!

CMamaof4 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:24:47

Noooo corbyn is such a wet lettuce not capable of running a country

SpreadYourHappiness Tue 18-Apr-17 14:51:19

I like Corbyn but he has absolutely no chance of winning the election (his approval rating is -41%!). After that he'll stand down.

brexitstolemyfuture Tue 18-Apr-17 14:55:03

Yes lily Allen, who would rule that out in today's climate?

Kanyae 2020 also...

FlyingElbows Tue 18-Apr-17 14:57:25

Well if we're just having anyone can we have Claire Balding? I like her and there would be lots of horses. I'll vote for Claire please.

whatisgoingon1 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:57:29

Aye,remember the times when world was laughing when Trump nominated himself..

You really think it is a good thing to compare Corbyn and Trump?

Batgirlspants Tue 18-Apr-17 15:02:58

Because we arnt as stupid as the Americans hopefully

brexitstolemyfuture Tue 18-Apr-17 15:06:14

Well the americans elected a reality TV star, we would ellect a long standing polition

Batgirlspants Tue 18-Apr-17 15:11:58

Now we would elect a long standing career protester and all round idiot. Thankfully this election will see the back of Jeremy and an effective opposition.

whatisgoingon1 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:16:35

Because we arnt as stupid as the Americans hopefully
Well British complain about austerity and NHS being privatised and yet fail to see that its Tories doing not immigrants,not sure britsh majority is not actually stupid!

meditrina Tue 18-Apr-17 15:53:49

Trump however had a swathe of popular support as the outsider taking on what was perceived to be a political elite that was remote from the ordinary voter. He then maintained momentum in a way that was not expected (the expectation was that it would burn out, and support would return to a candidate froma 'traditional' political background).

Corbyn is not an outsider.

UKIP and Farage are the nearest in UK, standing up for the ignored outsider, and that (in part) produced the Brexit vote. I'd be surprised if that carried over into a GE, because I expect that right-wingers who want a clear 'out' will find a home with the Tories under May.

Because surely one question that will dog the election is 'who stands a chance of getting a good Brexit deal?' and is there anyone other than May who stands an earthly?

Loubilou09 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:55:22

Who is Corben?

ShatnersWig Tue 18-Apr-17 15:57:09

Yet another thread started to being extolling the virtues of Corbyn.

All the others currently responding at about 97% with variations of "he's a useless cunt".

TisapityshesaGeordie Tue 18-Apr-17 16:08:42

I don't think Labour will win, but I think the people assuming a massive victory for the Torys should bear in mind that we were repeatedly told there was no way Leave would wine the referendum - even the Leave campaign said so at first as the votes started to come in - and that yes, we were also repeatedly assured there was no way Trump would win. So it may not be as straightforward as people think.

SquirmOfEels Tue 18-Apr-17 16:49:43

I thought many/most of the polls said that it was too close to call, and people tended to assume that would mean remain because so many online places had become 'remain' echo chambers, where there was no debate or understanding, but a lot of stereotyping as ignorant/thick/racist etc.

Pollsters and pundits are claiming that they increasingly allow for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now