Talk

Advanced search

Corbyn is lovely, why the negativity?

(897 Posts)
Wettingthetopbunkbed Tue 18-Apr-17 12:28:27

Really, why?
Just because he's a bit different in his presentation. He in principled and compassionate, I for one wish he would become the PM.

sonyaya Tue 18-Apr-17 12:30:42

He's a hard left idiot whose pie in the sky "a million pounds and a unicorn for all" policies have zero popular appeal and as a result the country has gone to shit because the stories have done what the fuck they want without opposition. Not to mention his terrorist pals.

If he had any principles at all he would have resigned long ago instead of decimating the Labour Party.

Eatingcheeseontoast Tue 18-Apr-17 12:32:20

As sonyaya said. I want a roper opposition!

5moreminutes Tue 18-Apr-17 12:33:42

He's been rather wishy washy and ineffective as opposition leader though! He may be a nice man (he comes across as a nicer person than May, but that's not difficult) but he doesn't seem to be much of a leader and doesn't seem able to stand up to her. Labour is failing to position itself as a genuine opposition.

Lib Dems seem to be the actual opposition, bit 6 weeks isn't long enough to rally, as scheming, U turning slippery May well knows. What a hypocrite she is trying to say she is the only one who doesn't play politics like a game!

Ceto Tue 18-Apr-17 12:34:10

I agree that it would be great just for once to have PM with some principles in charge, but I just can't see that Corbyn is electable.

meditrina Tue 18-Apr-17 12:34:20

Well, here's his chance to show the electorate what he stands for.

I want politicians to have principles. And right now I want the Labour Party to show what those principles are, and how their policies deliver that.

Lokumotion Tue 18-Apr-17 12:35:23

sonyaya meant Tories, not "stories", perhaps. But it amounts to the same thing.

Corbyn is treated negatively because he has betrayed his core voting demographic, is embarrassingly inept as leader of the opposition and willfully blocks attempt at progress within his own party, which would be require for them to ever having chance of realizing their manifesto.

Whatever your political party , JC simply doesn't cut the mustard as a party leader.

Imaystillbedrunk Tue 18-Apr-17 12:36:41

Corbyn would be a great parish Councillor, a bloody useless prime minister.

MephistophelesApprentice Tue 18-Apr-17 12:37:59

Problem is that all the good left wing stuff is packaged with some pretty ridiculous left wing stuff.

"Higher taxes on the rich!"
Well, sure I can get behind th...
"END THE MONARCHY!!"
Er, well, that's a little fa...

"Stop interference with the middle east!
Sure, that sounds sensi...
"HAMAS IS GREAT!!!"
But they attack civilians and torture journalists...

"More funding for the NHS!
Definitely no disagreement ther...
"END OUR NUCLEAR DETERRENT!!!"
No, just...no.

skyzumarubble Tue 18-Apr-17 12:38:07

I cannot imagine him in charge of a country.

limon Tue 18-Apr-17 12:38:23

There's been a massive and sustained anti Corbyn smear campaign and people have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

U2HasTheEdge Tue 18-Apr-17 12:38:31

Well, he is bloody gorgeous to look at isn't he?

I don't think he is a great leader though.

livefornaps Tue 18-Apr-17 12:39:02

Because he's lukewarm and flim flam. He should have known the Tories would use a hard brexit as an excuse to wreak more havoc with their harmful austerity measures and that the public would swallow it as "the people have spoken". Instead, in interviews before the referendum he showed all the enthusiasm of a limp fish. He should have been tearing the Tories apart at that point! I know some of the rollicking he gets from the press is v unfair but for god's sake, man, where's your fire???!!!?

originalbiglymavis Tue 18-Apr-17 12:39:16

Personality-wise I think he comes across as self righteous, humourless, grumpy old sod.

gillybeanz Tue 18-Apr-17 12:39:19

The media have annihilated him but of course media is run by tories.
He never was going to get a good press.
I think you have to be intelligent enough to look past the propaganda of the right, but unfortunately even the most supposed intelligent people are unable to do this.
So many academic idiots about grin

Lokumotion Tue 18-Apr-17 12:40:27

And if he was as nice and principled as he pretends to be then, for the love of God, why the hell he has not torn TM to shreds more often by now is a mystery. He's just not up for any kind of effort...it's mind-blowing that he has any support whatsoever. He's nothing more than a dreamer whose sheer laziness has been instrumental in turning this country into a pile of right wing crap. IMHO.

gillybeanz Tue 18-Apr-17 12:42:52

Maybe labour should have that as it's campaign slogan

Idiots and the stupid vote tory as they aren't intelligent enough to spot, let alone understand propaganda.

Unfortunately, it's not catchy enough grin

How about intelligent people vote labour, thicko's vote tory.

ChicRock Tue 18-Apr-17 12:43:09

Because "lovely" isn't right or suitable to lead an opposition or win a general election.

usernumbernine Tue 18-Apr-17 12:43:33

Corbyn is a terrorist defender, stronger than a sympathiser. To call him a terrorist sympathiser is to minimise the bile he spouted.

If you think that's lovely I'd suggest you reset your lovely-meter.

It's a no thanks from me.

Wettingthetopbunkbed Tue 18-Apr-17 12:43:58

sonyaya hmm

ChicRock Tue 18-Apr-17 12:44:03

Or... "Vote for Jezza, he's lovely" 😂

iseenodust Tue 18-Apr-17 12:44:17

Mr Corbyn also agreed to speak alongside two of Britain’s leading domestic bigots, Abdurraheem Green and Wasim Kempson, at a conference held at Arsenal FC’s Emirates stadium. The club barred Mr Green from its premises at the last minute after learning that he advocates a husband’s right to beat his wife. He has form for strange choices in 'associates'. We all make unfortunate choices but he does it so often and doesn't seem to walk away when gets to know their views.

Wettingthetopbunkbed Tue 18-Apr-17 12:45:49

limon I agree

sonyaya Tue 18-Apr-17 12:48:40

I did indeed mean Tories lokumotion!

And round about now looking at world politics I would be genuinely terrified if we elected a party who wanted to get rid of our nuclear deterrent.

I am a Labour Party member. I just don't think I can bear to vote for him.

latebreakfast Tue 18-Apr-17 12:52:47

"The media have annihilated him"

The media haven't been any nastier to Corbyn than they were to Thatcher, Major, Foot, Kinnock, Blair, Brown or Milliband (remember Spitting Image or the Bacon Sandwich, etc). But his supporters seem to think that he is God and any negative press is seen as a dreadful smear.

I'm very happy to live in a country where we can ridicule our politicians without getting arrested - something that you'd find much harder in countries which do have ultra-left-wing governments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now