Talk

Advanced search

To think most of these friendships are false?

(2 Posts)
Snugglepalace Tue 18-Apr-17 10:20:07

I don't understand some of the 'friendships' which form between some of the mums at the school gate.
There are several at my kids school who will form real intense friendships calling each other 'besties' on social media, always with each other, going out all the time and on holidays etc. Then 6 months later, no sign of their friendships and a new 'bestie' appears! This seems to go on with lots of the mums at our school.
Then, there are the others that, again are as thick as thieves with each other but as soon as their little darlings fall out with each other, so too do the mums!!
I've always worked with women (in offices etc) and have some good female friends myself but I've only witnessed this behaviour amongst kids and teenagers.
Bearing in mind these are grown women, AIBU to think they haven't moved on from childhood themselves? Either that or they are complete narcissistic idiots grin

Levatrice Tue 18-Apr-17 10:21:24

This is exactly why i am almost antisocial in the playground grin who cba with all that after age 15!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now