Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help? Serious Chalet School book addiction (lighthearted)

(9 Posts)
faithinthesound Tue 18-Apr-17 03:21:29

Against the many dire and serious warnings, I have become addicted to the Chalet School books. Trouble is, I am a student with next to no means, and have only managed to find the first five books online for free. Five! And there are, I'm told, more than FIFTY more!

I heard tell that someone, somewhere, had posted a link to somewhere where they could be downloaded as ebooks. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? I wouldn't ask, but I genuinely have zero budget for entertainment right now (I don't have much of a budget for food, if I'm honest!) and I am already so involved in these books!

MNHQ if you really object to this being in AIBU, I would understand it being moved. I really just posted for the traffic.

KazenoTaninoNaushika Tue 18-Apr-17 03:33:30

I think this is a library for them? ww2.newchaletclub.co.uk/lending-library/

You may also like to join this: www.chaletschool.org.uk/

Love those books too, btw!

LadyPW Tue 18-Apr-17 17:46:29

Whereabouts are you based? I've got about a dozen paperbacks (tatty I'll admit - I bought them second-hand) waiting to go to the charity shop because I'm replacing my whole CS collection with brand-new pristine copies (I have a thing about nice new books!) so as I get the new ones I get rid of the old ones....

hels71 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:07:53

In the children's book section there is a chalet school thread and some of the clever ladies on there know about where to find online copies..

Sallygoroundthemoon Tue 18-Apr-17 18:10:35

Www.the-cbb.co.uk is the best place to go. Oh and there are not just fifty odd - there are loads off fill ins too smile. I am a total addict and have them all.

PurpleWithRed Tue 18-Apr-17 18:11:30

ooh can you actually get the early books as e-books? SOOOO excited!

FruSkogKattOla Tue 18-Apr-17 18:12:15

IIRC, a few years ago there were loads of MNers who were Chalet School fans - in fact I think they had a number of Chalet School cliquey threads too?!!

hels71 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:19:23

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childrens_books/2753541-Some-Fretwork-and-the-Interminable-Christmas-Play-at-the-Chalet-School

Someone on this thread will help!!!

isittheholidaysyet Tue 18-Apr-17 18:27:26

Both 'friends of the chalet school' and 'the new chalet club' are chalet fan clubs with lending libraries of all the book.

You can pick many of the paperbacks up for peanuts on ebay. Some are rare and very expensive.

There is a Facebook sales and wants group.

Join the-cbb.co.uk for chalet discussion, fun and banter.

It's not an addiction, it is a positive lifestyle choice. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now