Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help with this diet?

(13 Posts)
helpmedecideplease Mon 17-Apr-17 22:24:22

New goal is to start almost exclusively eating oily fish and vegetables/fruit - I'm already a pescatarian so hoping won't be impossible, just need to cut out some of the carbs. Really hoping it's going to drastically improve my skin and to lose some weight too. (I'm 25, petite and not overweight but feeling big for my frame; my skin is plagued with redness, keratosis pilaris, flaky and generally bad!)

Today I ate the following:

Two dr karg crispbreads; almond milk cappuccino; tomato/basil soup; smoked salmon on a couple of small corn cracker breads; broccoli, mushroom, cherry tomato stir fry with a couple of spoons of rice; coconut milk yoghurt.

My aim for tomorrow:

Apple and blueberries; almond milk cappuccino; Lettuce/cucumber/tomato/avocado/quorn salad; mackerel with streamed veg

Please critique and give me ideas! I like most veg and all fish/seafood!

Thanks smile

Wando1986 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:28:48

You'll get mercury poisoning. Don't be daft. Just eat what you normally do but cut down on pasta and spuds. Replace them with extra greens and salad veg.

helpmedecideplease Mon 17-Apr-17 22:30:04

Really? I eat a portion at least every couple of days - bit worried now!

Allthewaves Mon 17-Apr-17 22:32:14

i'd worry about your calorie intake too, seems rather low

Wando1986 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:34:13

You need to switch up your fish or yes, you might get mercury poisoning. Eg, eat tinned tuna instead of tuna steak. You shouldn't be having more than two portions of fresh oily fish a week. Not even kidding. Check out Hugh Jackman's recent brush with mercury death if you don't believe me sad

WorraLiberty Mon 17-Apr-17 22:34:25

How long do you intend to keep it up for?

Forever?

helpmedecideplease Mon 17-Apr-17 22:35:57

No just a few weeks to prep for some big events - I have a fair bit to lose and I'm very short!

dangermouseisace Mon 17-Apr-17 22:36:36

Not enough calcium- nowhere near enough. Tofu/fortified non dairy milk are good sources. Carbs aren't the enemy! Quinoa has protein as well as carbs...bulgar wheat has too. There are different types of pasta if you're trying to cut out wheat. Add some nuts. And you're not meant to eat more than 3 portions oily fish a week.

LostSight Mon 17-Apr-17 22:44:01

Salmon is not high in mercury.

www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Food/Fish/FarmedSalmon

helpmedecideplease Mon 17-Apr-17 22:44:42

Thanks so much all - v informative, really appreciate it!

LostSight Mon 17-Apr-17 22:51:13

Check out Hugh Jackman's recent brush with mercury death if you don't believe me sad.

This was from eating tinned tuna, not fresh fish.

Moanyoldcow Mon 17-Apr-17 23:39:26

Go to the diet doctor website - lots of recipes and tips and advice on how to eat low carb high fat healthily.

witwootoodleoo Mon 17-Apr-17 23:44:21

You need good fats - not just oily fish. So I'd be including handfuls of nuts and seeds and avocado in moderation. All very good for your skin and packed full of nutrients.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now