Talk

Advanced search

To think she should butt out or am I tight.

(20 Posts)
Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:08:15

Dh is a sole earner. I a a Sah.
He has a hobby/ is a collector of items. He spends quite alot on these items and I never question it including a recent purchase of several hundred pounds.
So it is dhs Birthday next months. He produces a list which is shared between family members and me.
On this list is various items up to the value of £50.
There are no larger items as he decided to buy something not on the list today and said that that could be his present from me.
So sibling had just expressed surprise that I am not buying him a gift. Obviously I am buying from the DC so he bot going without and him buying is the same as me really.
Aibu to think that it is none of her business and he is not deprived. Bearing in MI d that when he wants something he just buys it.

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:09:46

Mind

Pettywoman Mon 17-Apr-17 20:10:19

Nobody's business but yours and your dh's. YANBU.

ScarlettFreestone Mon 17-Apr-17 20:10:20

It's none of anyone else's business.

I can't imagine why your sibling cares.

Iloverichtea Mon 17-Apr-17 20:11:06

Nothing to do with your Dsis! If you and DH are both happy with this then there's no problem at all

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:11:54

Sorry his sibling but makes no difference really.

Beeziekn33ze Mon 17-Apr-17 20:12:20

She should butt out!

Nocabbageinmyeye Mon 17-Apr-17 20:12:34

Just tell her you bought something not on the list, case closed then no issue

arethereanyleftatall Mon 17-Apr-17 20:15:27

Yanbu. I think it's ridiculous when a couple have a joint account, and one party buys the other a present from said account. What's the point.

ZilphasHatpin Mon 17-Apr-17 20:17:35

Wow! I can't imagine giving family a list anyone caring what anyone else buys for partners in my family.

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:18:37

You know what really pisses me off if that when we got our Ipads he brought himself a 10 inch one.
When I said I would like one too it was my only Christmas present from him and all his family and it was a mini version.
So she knows he doesn't go without. I just hate that she clearly views me as a a freeloader as I don't work.

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:21:39

I hate the list thing too. In my family we give hints but use our own knowledge to choose a thoughtful gift.
If I don't give ideas I just get money or vouchers.

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:23:00

I wish I had now no cabbage lesson learnt.

FatOldBag Mon 17-Apr-17 20:24:09

None of her business. However, what the fuck is he still doing handing lists around for birthday presents? This sort of shit normally stops at some point in childhood, teenage years at most. They all need to grow up and get a grip.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 20:26:14

Why didn't you get a 10" iPad?

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 20:26:39

DPs family does lists too. I suppose it's a mean to an end.

user1471558436 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:28:12

I like the list aspect. It means no wastage of gifts or cash.

The gifts are bought with family cash. Ignore your dsis

ScarletForYa Mon 17-Apr-17 20:29:20

I agree with FatOldBag ! Why the hell is he begging for presents at his age and handing out lists?

How grabby juvenile and selfish!

PyongyangKipperbang Mon 17-Apr-17 20:41:27

I had a similar thing with iPods. I wanted one so "D"H bought me a reconditioned 16 gig (I think it was) one from the Apple site. Then decided that he wanted one so went out and bought himself a brand new 80 g one. When I questioned why he had bought himself the bigger one when I had just as much music as him he said that he didnt think I needed a big one whereas he did. Then I asked why my was essentially second hand and his brand new, and he got stroppy and accused me of being selfish and demanding....oh the fucking irony.

Still fucking rankles to this day and I wouldnt have let the iPad thing go, I would have returned it and got the big one.

Greeneyedgal38 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:47:13

O dear pyon that is bad. Tbh I was annoyed as I would have preferred a 10inch but not the Ipad as I am not really an apple person. My phone is Samsung.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now