Talk

Advanced search

Aibu - to get irritated by people asking if something is unreasonable, when it's very very obviously not unreasonable?

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

PurpleMinionMummy Mon 17-Apr-17 10:29:42

Sometimes it's a serious crisis of confidence as someone has made the poster doubt themself, that doesn't irritate me.

When it's someone who just wants everyone to go ohhhh noooo yanbu as some kind of weird ego boost that they are doing everything right in life, aibu to be irritated?

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Apr-17 10:33:05

YANBU. However you have just started one of those very threads.

SailAwayWithMeHoney Mon 17-Apr-17 10:34:05

This is a bit ironic... grin

ProudBadMum Mon 17-Apr-17 10:34:46

What sparks said grin

Pouffealouffe Mon 17-Apr-17 10:34:51

Couldn't agree more! The ones that really irritate me are when people say things like "would I be unreasonable to send my best friend a massive basket of treats because she's having a hard time" or similar. How could you possibly be unreasonable? And surely if you know her so well you wouldn't need to ask some random strangers? Grr! But I feel like I'll get flamed if I post that... wink

Hateloggingin Mon 17-Apr-17 10:35:14

Yanbu - like 'Aibu? I saw a woman shooting to death two babies in Asda today and I said to her 'ooh that's not very nice', was I U to say that to her?'

Pouffealouffe Mon 17-Apr-17 10:36:42

Yes! Hateloggingin totally gets it grin

Hateloggingin Mon 17-Apr-17 10:42:14

JUst saw one 'Aibu to make my children say please and thank you (in normal everyday life not some weird situation)?'

Yes MASSIVELY unreasonable. Sigh. Wtf??!!

Pouffealouffe Mon 17-Apr-17 10:42:57

Yes I was thinking of that one too, but wasn't sure if I was allowed to mention it smile

Kitsandkids Mon 17-Apr-17 11:19:34

Ha, yes Pouffe! That kind of one is totally a poster just wanting an ego boost for people to say how wonderful they are!

Same on FB when someone messages a local news page with similar:
'I was in town today and a lady fell over so I picked her up and I carried her shopping to her car. Her eggs had broken so I bought some new ones and also a toy for her child. I just wondered if anyone knows how she is now?'

Yeah right, you mean you just want strangers to flock round telling you what a wonderful person you are!

Chloe84 Mon 17-Apr-17 11:31:27

The one where OP is not getting breakfast at ILs is annoying. There are a lot of wet people on MN.

Yes, that sounds wrong.

redshoeblueshoe Mon 17-Apr-17 11:47:48

I'm getting pissed off with people on here saying they are non-confrontational, when they can simply say to whoever is offending them No I can't do that
Then the thread goes round and round for bloody ever grin

Pouffealouffe Mon 17-Apr-17 12:53:54

Yes the breakfast one is just silly. Surely as an adult you'd just say something or use your initiative?

FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Apr-17 15:16:24

We're dancing on the edge of TAAT here folks so just a heads up that this one may have to go.....

QuiteLikely5 Mon 17-Apr-17 15:25:05

Those type of threads irritate the life out of me!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now