Talk

Advanced search

To stop PT without notice

(11 Posts)
zigazigah01 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:32:03

Been seeing a Personal Trainer over a fairly long period time. I've felt for a while I am going out of obligation to her rather than because I really love it.

My slot is now also at an awkward time and there's been a few occasions where I feel she's taking me for granted a bit as a client.

I'm due to book another block and thinking of just saying I want to at least take a break. However is it fair not to given any notice when I've been going for years?

bigchris Mon 17-Apr-17 06:37:27

Have you signed anything that discusses notice ?

zigazigah01 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:38:17

No. There's no contract.

PurpleDaisies Mon 17-Apr-17 06:38:32

I think it's fine as long as you don't have a contract requiring notice.

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Mon 17-Apr-17 06:47:54

Now is probably a good time to do it as I imagine more people look into that kind of thing in the summer,it'll be easier for her to replace you. But surely if the sessions she suggested were an awkward time you could've said no and booked a mutually convenient time?

BigGreenOlives Mon 17-Apr-17 06:49:59

Just tell her you've got to take a break and you'll be back in touch should things change. It's a business arrangement, not a relationship.

ziggy1986 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:54:43

Yeah - it's just I've been seeing her a while.

The slot is awkward but if I was really in to it I would work with it.

Currently the heaviest I've ever been - have put on about 2 stone while I've been seeing her - which is not her fault - but indicative of me not being that into it.

WeAreEternal Mon 17-Apr-17 06:56:27

BigGreenOlives has said exactly what I was planning on saying.

You don't need to make excuses or apologies, she is not your friend. You no longer wish to employ her services just thank her for her great job up until now but you don't want to continue with the sessions.

Nanna50 Mon 17-Apr-17 07:10:11

I was going to ask how good she is? I have regular massage and a similar thing happened to me, in that I felt taken for granted, appointments moved, becoming more familiar so I stopped going. I wish I had spoken to her about it first and resolved the issue, I have never had a massage as good since, she really was worth the effort.

UrbanYokel Mon 17-Apr-17 07:13:04

Agree with other posters - if there's a notice period abide by that but if not go with the whole taking a break thing. I think this is being respectful, you're letting them know in advance etc.

cherryblossomcarpet Mon 17-Apr-17 07:21:13

I had this. He'd agree on a day and then text me about an hour before to say x oclock ok? Really annoyed me. Just because he knew that was a day the kids were at nursery he assumed I would be available whenever.

So I cancelled, said it wasn't working due to time and budget reasons, nothing personal, he was a great trainer etc. That was fine, and the door is open if I want to go back. Most people cancel for time/budget reasons so use that excuse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now