Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am done with you x

(231 Posts)
ChristinaParsons Mon 17-Apr-17 04:09:24

Well? Both of us nearly 50, marriages of 20, years grown up children.
Both seperated a long time when we met. Got this message tonight
Said WHAT? Called him twice. No answer. My self respect is done
But why?

CrimsonKing Mon 17-Apr-17 04:14:44

What a selfish, gutless and twatish thing to do. Stop all contact. Looking for answers where there probably is no cogent explanation is a waste of your time.

You need to be strong and put him firmly in your past where he best belongs.

44PumpLane Mon 17-Apr-17 05:03:35

What a ducking ridiculous man child!
He clearly has the emotional depth of a teaspoon and can't handle an adult conversation to end the relationship with you.

Move on without looking back, it's the only thing to do now, and thank your lucky stars for this escape.

Oh also, this speaks volumes about him, not you!!!!

tigermoll Mon 17-Apr-17 05:32:45

I'm confused -- you were both married to other people for 20 years? How long have you been together?

Regardless, he sounds cruel and shallow. Why has he behaved like this|? Because he's a coward <hugs> to you, OP. This really sucks flowers

XsaraHale Mon 17-Apr-17 05:39:16

Sorry you are having to deal with this. It does seem he is blaming/holding you accountable for something you have done...rather than saying 'done with this(the relationship) ? Is there anything you have argued about? Nothing excuses this horrid behaviour though sad

Hopefully you are able to contact him to get an answer or make peace with accepting some people are just vile!

123MothergotafleA Mon 17-Apr-17 05:39:56

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what the problem is. Is it that he texted a message that said..... "said What"??

Sideline irk here, but who TF follows up a message like that with a kiss?!?

What. A. Twat. You're well shot of him.

123MothergotafleA Mon 17-Apr-17 05:43:50

Ahh, I've looked again!!
He said " I'm done with youx Well just tell him to bugger right off into the sunset.
There's no way back from this I'm afraid. You are far better rid of such a despicable twat.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Mon 17-Apr-17 05:50:11

He sounds awful. I hope you weren't too invested. How long were you seeing him? Either way, you're better off without him.

PitilessYank Mon 17-Apr-17 05:52:45

I would text back "Likewise", and never contact him again.

He has abruptly dumped you in a very cowardly way.

steff13 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:01:57

Sideline irk here, but who TF follows up a message like that with a kiss?!?

I think the letter x might be standing in place of his signature. As in, "I am done with you. John" or whatever his name is.

Mummyoflittledragon Mon 17-Apr-17 06:19:08

What an idiot. Clearly lacking emotional intelligence. Sorry you're feeling shit. flowers

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Mon 17-Apr-17 06:20:49

I read the x as an insult. Like, "kiss, kiss, darling - it meant nothing".

steff13 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:23:55

Aw, I hope not, that's really harsh.

Trifleorbust Mon 17-Apr-17 06:29:41

Anyone who would send a message like that isn't worth your time. Don't answer it. Move on.

Nanna50 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:34:27

How long have you been together, how have things been between you lately? I don't understand whether you have been together 20 years or were married to someone else 20 years?

bigchris Mon 17-Apr-17 06:36:15

You sound pissed !

ShowMePotatoSalad Mon 17-Apr-17 06:36:18

I wouldn't reply. It's not worthy of a reply. Radio silence from here on in, that would be my response.

frumpet Mon 17-Apr-17 06:50:55

Ouch ! As other posters have said though , says a lot more about him than you . A relationship where one party is lacking in common decency is never worth having flowers

00Salix00 Mon 17-Apr-17 06:56:02

OK, probably grasping at straws here, but possible autocorrect fail?

awaits indignant onslaughts

ChristinaParsons Mon 17-Apr-17 10:51:09

The message is typed as I received it
We were both married to other people for 20 years
No argument
I feel numb

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 17-Apr-17 10:52:56

He has been found out. . Prepare for major fall out?

Oldraver Mon 17-Apr-17 10:54:44

How long were you two together ? The length of your previous relationships are irrelevant.

Like others said...delete and move on

SaltySalt Mon 17-Apr-17 10:55:30

how long were you together?

MrsELM21 Mon 17-Apr-17 10:56:06

Well that's rude, I wouldn't attempt to contact him again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now