Talk

Advanced search

To want to stay in SW London

(8 Posts)
yellowbeads Sun 16-Apr-17 22:25:44

I live with my partner and three kids in a two bed house in a gorgeous part of SW London. We need to move soon for secondary school (the one near us isn't right for our oldest).

Aibu to want to get another two bed house nearby or should we move further out and get a four bed?

We love our area, are really settled here, and we need to be commutable to west London for work.

Feeling really stuck so perspectives appreciated, thank you!

KC225 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:33:58

Stay on SW London. I moved abroad from SW due to property prices etc. I would give my right arm to move back. I miss the community spirit

kerryob Sun 16-Apr-17 22:36:56

I live in SW London but about to move south as it's so expensive to buy. I love it here and if I could afford it I would stay in a flash.

Have you looked into schools you would like for your children?

Hoolahoops Sun 16-Apr-17 22:40:40

Could you say where you are in SW London roughly OP?
Do all the DC share a room at the moment?

HerculesMulligan Sun 16-Apr-17 22:45:19

We're in SW London and I work in W London. We're about to move from a 2-bed flat to a 3-bed house, and I know our budget would buy us 4/5 beds if we moved out even a little, whether into Surrey, north or even into central SE London. But I love it here so much, we'd rather go for somewhere smaller and convenient.

Annoyedangelina Mon 17-Apr-17 09:07:20

How old are the 3 kids sharing and are they all one sex?

Moanyoldcow Mon 17-Apr-17 09:31:28

Is it possible you'd be about to get a bigger SW pad in a few years? If so I'd stay. If, realistically, you won't, I'd probably consider changing area as 3 kids in one room will become untenable. Privacy, studying etc will very hard without them having designated space.

I moved from a gorgeous area to a distinctly less gorgeous one for the space but it was worth it. Still in SW London, just less naice (my first naice, btw!).

yellowbeads Mon 17-Apr-17 18:50:19

Thanks so much for all your replies. 

Think we're going to see what we can get in the area - it just seems like too much to give up just for the sake of one or two bedrooms. 

The oldest are 7 and 8, same sex, sharing, and baby is in our room. Yes hopefully we will be able to expand before they're teens. 

We've identified two secondaries and they're both in super expensive areas - of course!

Moany where did you move to, and Kerry where are you going to move to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now