Talk

Advanced search

My son has fallen asleep

(16 Posts)
notmywords Sun 16-Apr-17 20:21:24

DS1 is 11. He fell asleep on the sofa at 7pm and we put him to bed.

He's fast asleep and didn't wake up when we moved him.

He's a deep sleeper but I'm a bit worried.

He's been complaining of a headache all day.

He seems to have shifted position since we it him to bed.

I feel a fool trying to wake him and not let him sleep.

WWYD.

Whatsername17 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:23:00

Has he hit his head at all? Does he have a temperature? Are there any signs something is wrong other than not waking when you moved him?

changename7 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:23:14

He's probably okay if he's been moving since you've put him to bed. Maybe wake him up and get him to brush his teeth or something if you're really worried?

Allthewaves Sun 16-Apr-17 20:25:52

He's probably coming down with something. When iv got sinusitis coming on, I have a headache all day and exhausted so in bed at teatime

notmywords Sun 16-Apr-17 20:26:44

I've woken him up.

I feel a bit of a fool now. 😳

DubiousCredentials Sun 16-Apr-17 20:28:30

It's best to trust your instincts if you're at all worried in these situations, even with a strapping 11yr old. How is he now you've woken him up?

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:29:28

It was either that or sit up watching him all night!!

Getting up for a wee and a teethbrushing then back to sleep isn't going to wreck him.

beekeeper17 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:30:14

If it was me I'd definitely waken him because he was complaining of a headache. Probably a bit overcautious but I'd want to make sure he didn't seem concussed/confused and check pupils and check for nausea etc.

notmywords Sun 16-Apr-17 20:31:16

He's got back up now!

ClopySow Sun 16-Apr-17 20:31:25

My eldest did this a few times around that age, he would get a stinking headache and crash out for hours, sometimes sleep right through. In the end i put it down to puberty, though it was worrying at the time. My youngest did the same thing when he was going through puberty, but a little older.

Don't feel foolish, they're always your babies.

beekeeper17 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:31:47

Better to be a bit over cautious and at least put your mind at rest! Glad he's ok.

Flyinggeese Sun 16-Apr-17 20:48:55

OP as the mum of a teenager, and it being school hols (lax bedtimes at our house) could he have been up until the early hours sneakily playing FIFA or something on the PlayStation? Last time my son did this (during a sleepover) he fell asleep in the afternoon the next day, unheard of, and scared us silly!

Flyinggeese Sun 16-Apr-17 20:49:54

Also Clopy is correct! Always our babies and you shouldn't feel foolish.

ForTheSakeOfFuck Sun 16-Apr-17 20:56:25

Brace yourself. He'll be up till 1amnow. grin

Glad he seems okay though.

(…He does, doesn't he?)

pointythings Sun 16-Apr-17 21:03:51

No, you went with gut instinct and did the right thing. Just keep an eye on him. If he ends up developing migraines, for instance, then the headache/sleep thing will happen. I still check up on mine if I don't feel they're quite right and they're 14 and 16.

GrassWillBeGreener Sun 16-Apr-17 21:06:53

I'd probably have done the same with my 11 yr old. Hope he's ok tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now