Talk

Advanced search

To expect him to check on me?

(13 Posts)
tactum Sun 16-Apr-17 19:58:32

Dh playing sport all day with D's. My DM been unwell for days, taken to hospital this am after ringing 999. Bro n sis there, she's now having emergency surgery. I Last text dh about 4 pm saying she had x condition, due to have surgery today. Obv didn't go in to all the details via text but he could tell it was pretty big deal I'm sure - I mentioned having to possibiy travel up today.

Sport finished at 7. Ds was just dropped at end of drive now by dh and dh is apparently going for a pint before coming home. No contact from him at all to check how DM is or how I am coping with all this.

Aibu to think he should have at least called in for an update and a hug or dare I say it, not have gone for a drink???? I know I could have text him with all the details but really, should I have to??

BarneyRumbleton Sun 16-Apr-17 19:59:54

Has he definitely seen your text?

tactum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:01:09

Yes he replied to it v specifically

HecateAntaia Sun 16-Apr-17 20:05:15

i think he has been very thoughtless.

i would be telling him how unhappy i was that he didnt even care to send a single follow up text or make a short phone call to see how you were feeling.

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:06:57

He's a numpty.

SorryForCallingYourMumACunt Sun 16-Apr-17 20:07:02

He has basically seen it as a tidy option to go for a pint.

I'd want support (in text at the very least) in some way.

YADNBU.

tactum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:07:48

Thank you. I think his stock response would be seeing as I hadn't the t him further he didn't think anything had changed or he was needed.

Allthewaves Sun 16-Apr-17 20:10:41

Just give him a ring and tell him to come home

HecateAntaia Sun 16-Apr-17 20:12:01

then he would be missing the point.

does he require you to say to him

i will need your emotional support. i would like you to perform a small gesture that demonstrates that you care how i am feeling and want to know that i am ok.

maybe you should. to make a point.

twattymctwatterson Sun 16-Apr-17 20:12:12

Is he normally so unsupportive?

tactum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:20:02

Pretty much

twattymctwatterson Sun 16-Apr-17 20:42:18

I'd be very hurt by this and if it's a regular occurrence it would make me question my life with this man

tactum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:44:31

He's back home now and knows he's fucked up. Im upstairs having told him not to touch me. Our day to day life is fine but I guess in a crisis you see things clearly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now