Talk

Advanced search

Was I u to ditch this friend?

(4 Posts)
Cerealnamechanges Sun 16-Apr-17 17:41:55

I've just ditched a friend but not sure if a was a bit unreasonable .
Been friends a few years, I do most of the leg work, arranging etc, I remember her kids birthdays, take gifts offer to babysit as friends do
She's always been a bit flakey, probably couldn't name my kids (they are teens, hers are toddlers) always wrapped up in her own life, I know everyone is but we always talked about her, I always felt like I was an option rather than a priority (I'm not a needy friend btw)
Saw her 6 months ago, told her I was going into hospital in 3 days time, went in, had operation, a few days pass, hear nothing
Was a bit let down, as weeks passed, still nothing, not even a "how are you" or "get well soon"
Weeks turn in to months
Bumped into her the other day she says "why didn't you text?" I said "why didn't YOU text?"
I was at work and busy so she just replied "I'll text you now before I forget" and left
4 days later, no text
So I text her saying the reason I hadn't text was because I told her I was having an op and she never thought to text me
She text back saying she was sorry and she would buy me lunch
I said it didn't matter, I was fine about it
She mentioned lunch again and I said I would rather not
She's deleted my daughter off Facebook
I'm not bothered as she wasn't a very good friend, but was I a bit unreasonable to ditch her like that?
<prepares to be flamed>

longlostpal Sun 16-Apr-17 17:44:16

No, of course not. It doesn't sound like the friendship was ever a big deal for either of you, but possibly it was less so for her, maybe simply as she was busy. I can understand it was hurtful that she never asked how you were. Sounds like the friendship has run its course.

HappyFlappy Sun 16-Apr-17 17:46:04

Sounds like you've ditched each other. I wouldn't worry about it - be polite if you run ito her but don't feel under any obligation to be pally.

She seems a bit meh to have deleted your DD because she's upset with you. Your dd's done nothing.

twoandahalftimesthree Sun 16-Apr-17 17:51:52

Maybe i'm not very sensitive but I had an op a few weeks ago, one of my oldest friends forgot about it (even tho I'd seen her and we'd talked about it a week before) but it didn't bother me. She was however mortified when she saw me a couple of days after the op on my crutches and realised she'd forgotten about it!
This friend of yours didn't text you at all for 6 months tho? and you didn't text her? maybe you'd just grown apart anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now