Talk

Advanced search

To ignore this friend request?

(6 Posts)
Mississippiotter Sun 16-Apr-17 10:16:59

Friend request on FB from someone I see a lot socially but wouldn't consider a friend outside of that activity IYSWIM. Lots of mutual friends because of the activity so looked at her profile when I got the request.

She's doing one of those sponsored walk for charity things and her FB is full of posts with a link to her fundraising page. Fine.

Except she's also got multiple posts up there where she's tagged people who have 'liked her fundraising posts but must have forgotten to donate. A coffee shop coffee is £3, just that donation could make a huge difference etc.'

I'm on a very, very tight budget atm. £3 is not just £3, it's milk for the week, it's half a train fare to x, it's half the cost of this activity a week. I could go on. AIBU to ignore her friend request in fear of being added to the posts trying to shame people into donating?

FlaviaAlbia Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:12

Absolutely ignore it! Sounds like she just wants more people to extort...

EssentialHummus Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:40

Ignore ignore ignore. She is blatantly trying to guilt people into donating, and you really don't need that.

LadyPW Sun 16-Apr-17 10:23:08

Totally ignore it. Who tries to shame people into donating?! I bet she'll be losing friends, not gaining them

Willow2017 Sun 16-Apr-17 12:47:43

You know the only reason She has suddenly requested your presence is to extort money from you for her fundraising.
Ignore completely she is changing her arm and people are going to get fed up with her guilt tripping them. It's her choice to do something for charity but its everyone else's choice not to donate. Sounds like one of those 'look at me I am doing something awesome pay attention and donate to my awesomeness'.

Carelesswonder Sun 16-Apr-17 12:50:21

Absolutely ignore. And if she was a current FB 'friend' of mine she would be getting deleted for those type of posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now