Talk

Advanced search

To think that is not a tea stain!

(49 Posts)
MistyMinge Sun 16-Apr-17 09:47:02

Someone on a local Facebook second hand baby stuff page is actually trying to sell this mattress!

A few comments asking WTF - apparently it's a tea stain 😂

She only wants a fiver for it. What a bargain.

She's turned off commenting. Such a shame as it was just getting interesting.

QueenArseClangers Sun 16-Apr-17 09:49:48

Of course it's a tea stain.

After giving the baby a bottle of Yorkshire Gold it pissed it out on the mattress smile

Euphemia Sun 16-Apr-17 09:50:41

Tea schmea! tbusmile

MistyMinge Sun 16-Apr-17 09:54:40

She's selling the shit stained cot and some shit stained baby gro too. You can have your baby fully kitted out in shit stains. grin

Beadoren Sun 16-Apr-17 10:00:55

This is sad, she clearly is desperate for money if she's selling a stained mattress for a fiver and genuinely hopes to find a buyer. Think it's a bit mean to take the piss

StillDrivingMeBonkers Sun 16-Apr-17 10:02:23

Nothing like a bit of poverty shaming is there, OP ?

FloatyCat Sun 16-Apr-17 10:03:28

Only fit to be binned IMO.
Also think it's a bit sad that someone is trying to sell this.

cansu Sun 16-Apr-17 10:05:09

She must be v poor. I think you shouldn't have posted this.

msgrinch Sun 16-Apr-17 10:05:22

Classy thread op.

Emmageddon Sun 16-Apr-17 10:05:30

She needs to learn to present her goods in a way that makes them look worth the money. A hot wash for the baby clothes, then ironed and folded, a good clean of the cot, and the mattress - even a poo stain will clean off with the right products, then she MIGHT get a buyer.

It makes me feel a bit sad though, that someone is trying to raise cash by attempting to sell things in such poor condition, she must be skint.

QueenArseClangers Sun 16-Apr-17 10:05:53

She's either poor and desperate as fuck, cheeky as fuck or thick as fuck.

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:06:17

It is sad that someone's trying to make a few quid from this. I've been down to my last few pound and tried to make money by selling stuff but you give it a damn good clean and scrub first for Gods sake.

Fl0ellafunbags Sun 16-Apr-17 10:08:22

She's either poor and desperate as fuck, cheeky as fuck or thick as fuck

I'm going with cheeky as fuck.

summerfling Sun 16-Apr-17 10:09:30

Omg!! I just nearly woke my over tired baby (asleep on my chest) from laughing uncontrollably at your comments OP!

If my baby wakes, I'm sending him to you! grin

Luckybe40 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:12:17

OP, you're quite mean aren't you. Who thinks of starting a thread mocking someone who might be down to their last quid trying to sell something/anything to make some money. She's obviously got small kids. Honestly.

Maudlinmaud Sun 16-Apr-17 10:13:05

Tut that is sad. When people are desperate they resort to anything.

MistyMinge Sun 16-Apr-17 10:13:51

I really don't think this person is skint. I'm not trying to poverty shame. She seems to genuinely think there's nothing wrong with the mattress as sheets would go on top.

I'm sorry. In hindsight it is in bad taste to start a thread. I was just gobsmacked that someone would try and sell a mattress in that condition.

Floggingmolly Sun 16-Apr-17 10:14:58

People take the piss all the time. There's no particular reason to assume she's poor or desperate, or both.
She could be, but it's by no means a given.

kingscrossnoodle Sun 16-Apr-17 10:18:05

I agree being poor doesn't make anyone stupid enough to think they could sell that literal shit.

This isn't about being poor, it's probably someone who has a very low IQ and just doesn't realise that her stuff is shit

Feel sorry for her child(ren)

Maudlinmaud Sun 16-Apr-17 10:19:26

Of course flogging. I'm the first to dive into a fb selling shite thread, but I'd be ashamed to post a picture or try to sell a stained mattress which makes me think this person is in hard times.

NameChangeWimp Sun 16-Apr-17 10:19:34

It is sad if someone is so desperate that they have to resort to selling stuff like that (I struggle myself but luckily nowhere near as bad as this). However, going by some of the posts on my local FB buy and sell page some people really are just cheeky and will sell anything. What I would find sadder would be that someone was so desperate they actually bought this stuff.

GlitterGlue Sun 16-Apr-17 10:21:29

If she genuinely isn't aware that items needs to be clean and presentable before selling then that is sad.

However, quite often people just can't be bothered. And it's not a case of poverty. In fact I dislike the idea that poverty must mean she's a dirty cow.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 16-Apr-17 10:26:26

Second hand mattresses are a risk indicator for SIDS so poor or not it's not responsible to try and sell one.

Some people will sell any old shit.

Emmageddon Sun 16-Apr-17 10:28:41

Someone on my local selling page offered a pile of baby clothes, 'from a smoke-free home' photographed next to an overflowing ashtray. Now that's someone being a cheeky fucker and a bit thick.

MistyMinge Sun 16-Apr-17 10:28:56

I do think it's a case of someone being cheeky enough to sell any old crap rather than being on their uppers.

When someone mentioned the state of the mattress she got nasty and turned off comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now