Talk

Advanced search

AIBU...Brass band playing outside church @ 6am this morning!! 😠

(157 Posts)
4267sparkles Sun 16-Apr-17 09:03:56

AIBU to be severley pee'd off with the minister of the church and another 6 people playing brass instruments outside the church at 6am this morning!!
Myself and 2 Dc (7&10) stayed with my partner last night and the kids sleep in the room right next to the church car park. Me and my partner were woken with a bloody shock when this music started...it was so loud!! Youngest DC woke up with a fright crying so I went out and asked what they were doing (I thought law was 11pm-7am for noise etc...didnt think the church would be exempt!) and was told its easter sunday we will only be 15mins or so!!😠😠
I understand its easter sunday but come on...there still has to be some respect or pre warning that they were doing this. My kids have got a busy day with family and they are going to be tired and cranky, as none of us got anymore sleep, through no fault of there own.

Im so tempted to complain to the church!

.......and breath!! 😂

bigchris Sun 16-Apr-17 09:05:12

That's ridiculous! They could have waited until the first service which is usually 8.30!

ChasedByBees Sun 16-Apr-17 09:05:26

That would annoy me!

bigchris Sun 16-Apr-17 09:05:34

And a brass band is not the same as church bells !

FannyWisdom Sun 16-Apr-17 09:06:55

Shurrup Mardy bum.

Tis Easter Sunday they are taking the purple off ready for JC.
The biggie for Christians.

IAmTheWorwax Sun 16-Apr-17 09:08:42

Yanbu. They obviously don't believe in manners.

AuntieStella Sun 16-Apr-17 09:08:56

A daybreak service at Easter is fairly common. And they're outdoors.

YABU. It's the major festival for Christians, and a normal type of service.

MrsMeeseeks Sun 16-Apr-17 09:08:57

I would be furious, too. That's just an arsehole thing to do.

Batgirlspants Sun 16-Apr-17 09:09:12

Utterly selfish and ridiculous I would defiantly complain to the vicar and involve the local press. smile do a pic of your tired child and send it to them. But seriously it's unnaceptable

Madhairday Sun 16-Apr-17 09:09:26

Many churches have dawn services on Easter Sunday. However, they tend to be thoughtful and keep the celebration quiet or in an area which wont disturb others. I think a brass band next to a residential area is s bit off, personally. We have music but keep it down. We can do the loud thing later in the morning.

meditrina Sun 16-Apr-17 09:11:25

I'm seriously lapsed these days.

But it's a normal Easter service.

YABU.

If you live near a church, you need to get used to the noises of normal church activists. This is one of them.

meditrina Sun 16-Apr-17 09:11:55

Not activists!

activities

dowhatnow Sun 16-Apr-17 09:12:42

That's ridiculous. I like brass bands. I'm ok with church services.

But not at 6am angry

4267sparkles Sun 16-Apr-17 09:13:36

Im all for the church celebrating today and yes its out doors they could have had a bit more consideration. If this part of the celebration had been kept until later when the church has there 1st service.

RoseAndRose Sun 16-Apr-17 09:14:42

I note it's DP's place, not hers.

If you ever move towards co-habiting, and you don't want noise from a church, you'll know to stick to yours.

meditrina Sun 16-Apr-17 09:15:24

"If this part of the celebration had been kept until later"

Not possible.

A daybreak service happens at daybreak!

CurbsideProphet Sun 16-Apr-17 09:15:26

I've never heard of a brass band at 6am being essential to the celebration of Easter hmm. YANBU. Could they not have played inside the church?

FannyWisdom Sun 16-Apr-17 09:15:32

The time is relevant, it's the start of Easter Sunday start of the celebration.

4267sparkles Sun 16-Apr-17 09:16:11

Im used to the general noise from the church...bells etc

meditrina Sun 16-Apr-17 09:17:38

"Could they not have played inside the church?"

Not really, the point is about seeing the sun's rays.

Not all churches hold these services. But it is a normal service.

CasperGutman Sun 16-Apr-17 09:18:27

I'm a regular churchgoer. I have never come across the idea of a noisy outdoor early morning service on Easter Sunday.

I would prefer not to be woken at 6 am (especially as DD had me up at both midnight and 5 am, and DS at 3 and 3.30 am). I'm not sure I'd be angry as such, but I'd be surprised as this would be a new "tradition" to me, and I'd be disappointed not to have slept in longer.

4267sparkles Sun 16-Apr-17 09:18:42

Are the brass instruments a relevant part of the daybreak celebration??
Im not totally naive in what today is all about but I meant the celebration with music.

FannyWisdom Sun 16-Apr-17 09:18:48

Just this.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 16-Apr-17 09:19:16

On Easter Sunday that is the first service

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 09:19:24

It is grossly unreasonable. And I say that as an active Christian. A daybreak service does not have to involve a brass band ffs. Hardly an example of loving thy neighbour!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now