Talk

Advanced search

DD staying with MIL

(9 Posts)
NameChanger1878 Sun 16-Apr-17 08:54:46

We're taking our DD (8.5 months) to stay with MIL in an hour, to stay for 2 nights!

I thought I'd be ok with it, but I now feel sick! I know and trust MIL completely but I feel for DD. She's been so clingy recently! She sees MIL once every 4/5 weeks so not a great amount. That's one of the reasons why she's staying for 2 nights!
I'm so worried she's going to be sad and wonder where we are. We have left DD overnight before and she was fine but now she seems so much more aware and wants her mummy more!

PFB I know! Please reassure me that my baby won't be a blubbering mess, I know I will!

DoItTooJulia Sun 16-Apr-17 08:58:37

Once you've left she will be fine-they're fickle fuckers wink and will adore the one on one attention.

It's harder for the adults if you're that way inclined, but honestly, your MIL knows what she is doing and you've got Mobile's, so can contact you if she really needs to.

Go, have fun. You'll be knee deep in the drudgery again before you know it! (Attempting to keep it light hearted-hope that works for you!)

NapQueen Sun 16-Apr-17 08:59:28

Honestly Im sure she will have a lovely time. At that age they dont really have a concept of "time" so it wont feel like two days.

Be prepared for tears on collection though as thats when they seem to realise you were "gone".

EastEndQueen Sun 16-Apr-17 08:59:34

She will be absolutely fine 😘😘😘
We were left with our grandparents for long stays (as in 10 day trips to India for my parents!) from being tiny and we lived it, really close to all my grandparents and their houses felt like the safest, warmest places of our childhood. I have left my 7 month DS with my mother and in laws for a couple of 1-2 night stays now and everyone has been fine and grown closer.

Have a wonderful break. Get her to send you cute iPhone pics of their adventures xxx

EastEndQueen Sun 16-Apr-17 08:59:53

*loved it

Batgirlspants Sun 16-Apr-17 09:04:30

Well I have to say as a gran who adores her grandchildren 2 nights with an eight month old would be too much to be honest and I am just 50. And fit! I have my yesr old dgd overnight but not 2 unless it was an emergency.

Your dd will be fine though and hats off to your mil. wink

MrsNuckyThompson Sun 16-Apr-17 09:08:52

She'll be totally fine. Enjoy your time off - rare as hens teeth!!

lalalalyra Sun 16-Apr-17 09:26:07

She'll be fine. My 8 month old is away for a few days with MIL and I don't think she's even noticed I'm not there! 3yo certainly hasn't as she informed me she was "busy" (with the toy box) when I Skyped last night.

Pinkandwhiteblossoms Sun 16-Apr-17 09:28:23

It won't be a popular view, but outside of emergencies I wouldn't really be leaving a baby. I understand people do and she WILL be fine, but just because grandparents may offer doesn't mean you have to accept smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now