Advanced search

AIBU to claim for my time?

(3 Posts)
nutmegella Sat 15-Apr-17 22:59:06

I rent out a property and when I am doing my tax return I claim back landlords insurance, any bills or repairs, petrol money and also a standard £10 a week for my phone bill/paper/ink/computer etc which my accountant advised they used as standard.

However I manage the property myself and am now querying whether I can claim an hourly rate for my time of organising plumbers, new tenant etc throughout the year as most management companies charge £60 plus a month to do this? Any ideas on this please?

BewtySkoolDropowt Sat 15-Apr-17 23:01:22

No you can't. If you did you would have to declare it as income and would be no better off.

nutmegella Sun 16-Apr-17 06:57:59

Thank you Bewty that makes sense

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: