Talk

Advanced search

Do you have ghost / supernatural based stories?

(108 Posts)
FairytalesAreBullshit Sat 15-Apr-17 20:39:33

Just being nosey really, I love this kind of thing.

I've got a few freaky stories.

What are your thoughts on paranormal stuff?

Crunchymum Sat 15-Apr-17 20:43:04

Maybe someone else can link it but I read a truly terrifying story on here.

Woman looking after someones dogs + rural area + weird experience on forest = fucking scary.

Crunchymum Sat 15-Apr-17 20:43:27

Sorry in forest not on. blush

Madeyemoodysmum Sat 15-Apr-17 20:44:15

I remember the forest story. Proper scary !!!

Faez Sat 15-Apr-17 20:47:18

I wanna hear the forest story!

DaphneCanDoBetterThanFred Sat 15-Apr-17 20:47:57

A very recent one! Moved into a new house a while ago. House is lovely and feels so warm and welcoming and just all round lovely. The kids were running around downstairs taking videos of each other messing around, but when they played one back, you could hear a growly man's voice speaking on the video shock We did check for growly men, but found none. <strokes chin>

I mean, it's probably just a glitchy mic on the iPad, but it's all I've got op, sorry

MrsMeeseeks Sat 15-Apr-17 20:51:47

Something really creepy happened to us a few nights ago.

I was in bed with DH and we'd said goodnight. My head was on his shoulder with his arm around me.

After a while, I got up for a drink and came back and sat on the edge of the bed to drink it. DH was asleep, now facing the other way. We have a superking-sized bed, so he was quite far away.

I was just about to reach for my phone to check the time when I felt three little taps on my shoulder, as though someone had playfully tapped me with their fingers. I looked around but no-one was there. I didn't think it was DH, as he is ASD so doesn't really 'get' playful jokes like that.

I got back into bed and pulled the covers right up! I turned over, towards DH, and tried to calm down enough to go to sleep. I then felt a very distinct poke on the small of my back, as though someone had poked me with a pencil.

The next day, I didn't want to discuss it in front of the DC so I texted DH to tell him about it at lunchtime. He texted back to say that, during the time between us saying goodnight and him falling asleep, he felt a hand stroke his thighs and thought it was me before realising that he could feel where both my hands were and neither of them were anywhere near his thighs!

We have lived here for years and although we experienced a couple of weird occurrences shortly after moving in, nothing untoward has happened in the interim. No idea what to make of it!

Coffeepleeeaase Sat 15-Apr-17 20:54:17

Oooh love these threads - sorry I don't have any !

Christinedaae17 Sat 15-Apr-17 21:06:45

I remember a few that scared the bejesus out of me

1: a poster on here had been having strange happenings going on and one night when in bed heard banging around and sounds as though heavy things were being moved so phoned the police and while on the line it cut out and a manic scary laugh came over the phone that even the police heard! Not sure what happened after that!

2: poster had been travelling somewhere with her DH and the snow for bad so pulled off to a farmhouse b&b that had those little huts outside for guests, anyway in the dead of night the DH had gone to the bathroom (outside I think) and had come running out shaking and scared, wouldn't tell the op what he had seen or what had happenes and refused to talk about even afterwards. Sure the owners wouldn't talk about it either? Think a later update said that the DH had seen an old farm help with half his head shot off or some kind of shot wound. Anyway found out later that this story was made up but it scared me it seemed so real!

daisygirlmac Sat 15-Apr-17 21:11:15

Omg that forest story shock let me see if I can find it it was horrifying!

daisygirlmac Sat 15-Apr-17 21:15:54

The forest story is on here somewhere I think

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/2264465-To-ask-what-is-the-strangest-creepiest-thing-that-has-ever-happened-to-you

daisygirlmac Sat 15-Apr-17 21:16:55

Yep Page 2 first post

mrsBeverleygoldberg Sat 15-Apr-17 21:18:44

Yes crunchymum I remember that one.

Birdsbeesandtrees Sat 15-Apr-17 21:19:20

There was one where OP had been out on the piss with a friend and a weird slender man type creature followed them home and peered in through the glass of the front door.

Shit me up that one.

NabobsFromNobHill Sat 15-Apr-17 21:20:24

Christ, isn't there an entire topic for this woo shit so normal rational people can hide the whole lot? How is this an aibu at all?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 15-Apr-17 21:21:19

I have a ghost in my life. A little blonde boy. I have seen him twice, heard him laugh, heard him playing with toys, he pulls my hair!! He moves/hides things - and finds lost things, he bounces on beds and turns lights off /on. He runs along the hallway, knocks on my bedroom door in the night! Other non family members have also seen him. . He is a part of our lives. .

MrsMeeseeks Sat 15-Apr-17 21:22:36

There was one where OP had been out on the piss with a friend and a weird slender man type creature followed them home and peered in through the glass of the front door.

It wasn't true: it's a widely-known urban legend.

emmyhNL Sat 15-Apr-17 21:24:49

This happened on a school trip years ago but I still remember it. We were staying in a youth hostel on the Isle of Arran and it was just our group staying there. The teachers were strict about bedtimes, curfews and no one wandering around when they shouldn't be. We were on the top floor with bunkbeds and a teacher in the room.

In the middle of the night in our dorm room, I wake up to the sound of running straight down the middle of the room. We're all in our beds and there was no-one physically there. One of the girls is also woken up by this and just whispered: "who's there?" no reply, just silence. Then two minutes later it happened again and it woke more of us up. Absolutely petrified, we went to wake up a teacher staying at the far end of the dorm and she's already awake. She tells us to stop being silly and get back to sleep. I think nothing else of it and go to sleep.

I overheard her the next morning talking to someone at the hostel (I was completely eavesdropping as everyone was at breakfast) and she said she had heard someone walk up the stairs (she was by the door), come into the room and then run down the room every night so far (this was the third night of five). You could hear in her voice she was petrified.

I didn't hear it again but it freaked me out.

AuroraBora Sat 15-Apr-17 21:25:52

Yes birds that slenderman one was creepy to the point I felt like crying.

Sometimes I read Reddit no sleep to get my creepy story fix. I really shouldn't!

Birdsbeesandtrees Sat 15-Apr-17 21:26:09

Actually I have one of my own.

Me and a friend were staying in an old country hall spa hotel. V nice place.

Anyway we went to bed after dinner and drinks but I couldn't sleep because I could hear footsteps running up and down above me. I thought it might be one of the staff or a really chubby cat/dog. Went on for ages.

Mentioned it to friend next morning and she said she'd heard it too - was driving her nuts apparently. Staff must have stumpy feet.

Then we went down to breakfast and I peeked out of the hallway window to see what was above us ...and there was no floor above us. Top floor. God knows what it was but I'm damn sure it wasn't just nice or something. Far too large.

Birdsbeesandtrees Sat 15-Apr-17 21:27:21

I know there's a slender man legend but the poster was adamant about it.

Maudlinmaud Sat 15-Apr-17 21:30:25

We where on a residential trip as teens and would stay up late into the night to talk. The room was quite dark but we could make out each others faces, anyway we all reported seeing one of our friends faces change into the most awful sinister looking face. It was really creepy but I'm sure there was a rational explanation for it.

JDelanysCleanHorse Sat 15-Apr-17 21:34:57

A few years after my nan died I was in a local shop. I came across some handbags(small sporty type) and was strangely drawn to one of them which was strange as I don't really like handbags or carry one except for rare nights out. Still I paid for it (about £5). When I got it home and opened it it was packed with pages of the local newspaper. On closer inspection it was the birthday remembrance section and there was my nans name! Such a weird coincidence that I picked that bag and of all the newspapers/pages /dates it was that specific one!

I have also managed to contact my nan at a spiritualist evening (using a glass on a table to communicate) and asked her some specific questions to which her answers were confusing. But the next day I spoke to my mom (my nans dd) to be told it sounded just like her!

Zhan Sat 15-Apr-17 21:53:49

When I was about 16 I was living with my boyfriends family. One night, myself and his sister decided to go for a walk to Tesco - a walk alongside a pitch black drain on the edge of a council estate.

2am in November - walking along the drain we saw a young boy dressed in shorts and t-shirt, he smiled and said hello as he passed us. We looked at each other, laughed and said hello to the kid. One we'd passed we looked at one another as if so say "what the fuck??" - we then turned to look at him again and there was nobody there. Nowhere he could have gone other than the drain itself.

She refused to speak of it afterwards but I remember it well.

Polarbearflavour Sat 15-Apr-17 22:26:33

I was in Victoria station with a friend late one night years ago. We had gone down to London to see a show and we were staying in the Holiday Inn by the station and had popped to M&S to get some snacks.

The place was deserted but ahuge man - 8 foot tall maybe with a very large frame walked by us dressed in Victorian clothes and a top hat. But he had a tiny shrunken head with a monocle on one eye.

We looked at each other and decided to hasten back to the hotel. We still mention it today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now