Talk

Advanced search

To ask you for tendinitis remedies

(11 Posts)
FanaticalFox Sat 15-Apr-17 13:40:11

Is it really just Ibuleve type gels or anything else? It's in DH's wrist (no rude jokes please! grin ) thanks all

madcapcat Sat 15-Apr-17 13:49:32

Do you know it's definitely tendinitis? I may be wrong but when I've had it flare up physio has told me to rest it, avoid any repetitive action that might be to blame and to give it time. Ibuprofen or ibuleve gel (not both because it's the same drug) will make it feel more comfortable . I've also been told to rethink things like desk layout mouse use etc to prevent it happening again

gettinfedduppathis Sat 15-Apr-17 14:04:18

Voltarol is better than Ibuleve according to physio we saw.

Is it due to an accident/injury like a sprain, or more of a creeping-up long-term overuse thing?

AliceKlar Sat 15-Apr-17 14:07:28

If it's definitely tendinitis then I second what madcap advises. I get it a lot as I have a connective tissue disorder so doing anything repetitive sets it off, esp in my right wrist. I wear a brace till it settle too. If it also hurts at the base of his thumb (which mine does) you can get ones that also imobilise the thumb and thumb joint. Does he know what caused it - keyboard use/sports etc. If he can try work out anything repetitive he's doing that would help him try to prevent it . The comfiest and cheapest supports I've found (and I've tried zillions from NHS custom-made ones to amazon bought ones) are these:

www.amazon.co.uk/NeoPhysio-Splint-Excellent-Support-Protection/dp/B00TP0EQO2/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492261357&sr=8-5&keywords=wrist+and+thumb+support+left&tag=mumsnetforum-21

and by the same company minus thumb support:

www.amazon.co.uk/Comfort-Wrist-Brace-Night-NeoPhysio%C2%AE/dp/B00J4PX7WU/ref=sr_1_64?m=A1PVOGRYS5QZFX&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1492261611&sr=1-64&tag=mumsnetforum-21

BewtySkoolDropowt Sat 15-Apr-17 14:08:38

Get a wrist support, it will help reduce the movement and rest will promote having quicker.

goose1964 Sat 15-Apr-17 14:49:40

The only thing that helped mine was no computer for 6 months, luckily on full pay from work, and very strong anti inflammatories​.Voltoral was not available then.

FanaticalFox Sat 15-Apr-17 14:50:56

Yes its definitely tendinitis previously diagnosed and went away now flared up again. I'll have a look at all your suggestions thank you.

FrozenNotCold Sat 15-Apr-17 15:14:19

I'm prone to this. Had to rest the joint completely. I was also told by my physio to steer clear of foods that cause inflammation such as tomato, peppers and potatoes.

gleam Sat 15-Apr-17 16:16:18

I've had this - from using the old style card machines - the only thing that settled it was a steroid injection.

BikeRunSki Sat 15-Apr-17 16:48:40

I had tendonitis in my wrist for a year or so, 8-9years ago. I had a steroid injection in my wrist, and it has never returned.

Gramgram Sat 15-Apr-17 16:52:03

I found arnica gel helpful as well as other gel painkillers. Hope he starts to feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now