Talk

Advanced search

To ask your help in identifying a paint colour from 2006?

(6 Posts)
wotcolour Sat 15-Apr-17 11:25:32

We painted a bedroom a creamy almost-white colour in 2006 and now just want to patch up a small area before putting the house on the market, without repainting the whole room.

It's lighter than Dulux natural calico - much closer to white. (It's a loft room with a sloping roof so we've used the same colour on the ceiling, and also on the woodwork). It' likely to be either Dulux, Homebase or possibly Crown paint.

Does anyone know whether paint colours have changed much since 2006, or whether we canshould expect to find exactly the same shade with a bit of experimentation? I know they bring out new ranges every now and again, but I can see some of the names haven't changed over the years.

Any suggestions of what it might be would be gratefully received. (Not much point posting a photo, as I don't think it would show the colour accurately).

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 15-Apr-17 11:27:34

Can you get those colour match booklet things with all the different colours on to see which is closest?

Inertia Sat 15-Apr-17 11:28:26

Dulux Timeless?

Headofthehive55 Sat 15-Apr-17 11:31:21

Paint is not always lightfast so does change colour slightly over the years. To get a good colour match you possibly need to repaint the wall rather than a patch. But then I'm fussy. I worked in colour matching.

wotcolour Sat 15-Apr-17 12:18:29

Thanks all. Think I've got it now - Crown Soft Linen. I stood in the shop and read through all the names of the off-whites till one rang a distant bell. It's from their "breath easy" range - I remember I was pregnant at the time so that appealed.

GreenHillsSunnySkies Sat 15-Apr-17 13:45:36

Another who thinks you should paint the whole wall rather than just a patch, mind you, I think you'll see that yourself when your patch up dries. We did the same thing when we sold our house and our paint job wasn't even 3 years old let alone 10 or 11, just wanted to touch up a few patches ended up having to do the whole lot the difference between the new and the old was so striking, it looked worse rather than better. It may say the same colour on the tin but 10 years on that colour on your walls will have changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now