Talk

Advanced search

To tell parents how lovely their ds were today

(25 Posts)
Racmactac Fri 14-Apr-17 21:56:30

My ds10 had party. All the boys were lovely, polite, well behaved and generally nice kids

Wibu to text their parents and tell them? I don't want to sound patronising but sometimes we don't get praised for raising good kids

MozzchopsThirty Fri 14-Apr-17 21:59:04

Not at all

I sometimes say to parents in a pub or restaurant 'wow your dc has been so quiet & well behaved - I'm jealous mine would never sit like that'

booellesmum Fri 14-Apr-17 21:59:51

Think that's a lovely idea.
People are quick enough to moan about bad behaviour!
I would text and say could they pass onto their DS how impressed you were.

MrsELM21 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:59:52

Sounds like a really nice thing to do!

CurlyMango Fri 14-Apr-17 22:00:05

Go for it. Otherwise it's only complaints or bad stuff. Would love to be told.

SaltySalt Fri 14-Apr-17 22:00:25

I think you'll get mixed responses. Some will read it and think confused and others will read it and think smile. I'd probably be "Ahh that's nice" then carry on with whatever I was doing

Noodledoodledoo Fri 14-Apr-17 22:01:05

We got a compliment in a pub on Mothers Day about how lovely our kids were and well behaved. It made me really smile - they are not angels but not demons (eldest is only 2 so I don't expect much) and I am always conscious of not impacting on others when we are out.

So go for it.

YesILikeItToo Fri 14-Apr-17 22:01:12

If they come from the same class - tell the teacher!

PissedAroundPissedOff Fri 14-Apr-17 22:03:05

Did any of them have a wee in the garden?

Racmactac Fri 14-Apr-17 22:03:17

One of the parents in a teacher at the school !
I approached party with trepidation but they were so lovely.

Racmactac Fri 14-Apr-17 22:03:54

Lol no weeing but one was sick grin

HeteronormativeHaybales Fri 14-Apr-17 22:20:57

Yes, tell them. I love being complimented on my dc, all the more so because they have their very difficult moments.

thequeenoftarts Fri 14-Apr-17 22:24:26

Lovely thing to do if you ask me. We are so quick to complain and moan, I am sure every parent will have a lovely smile on their faces, when they get your text. Do it !!

teaandakitkat Fri 14-Apr-17 22:25:28

Yes I would. It's nice to hear something nice. Word it with a thanks for coming, the kids were all so lovely, it was a real pleasure to have them. I'd like to get that text about my kids. Glad you had a nice party, it can be stressful.

Lucy7400 Fri 14-Apr-17 22:26:02

Why would the OP tell the teacher? Genuine question.

Miffytastic Fri 14-Apr-17 22:26:28

My friends have been known to send such texts -often along with a 'thanks for coming/the lovely gifts'.

PJ04JCW Fri 14-Apr-17 22:26:50

Definitely! I took my son (6) to toddler group this week and one of the leaders commented how chatty and lovely with the little ones he is. It gave me a boost to know that I'm doing an ok job with him!

YesILikeItToo Fri 14-Apr-17 22:44:09

For the same reasons as given above - I'm sure schools get many a call about poor behaviour in public 'reflecting badly' on the school, why not a bit of good news?

ChampagneTastes Fri 14-Apr-17 23:02:47

Oh do! My DS is a little sod at the moment, I would love to have a positive text from someone!

punkpuffin Fri 14-Apr-17 23:04:58

Do it! I took ds (3) on a long coach journey and when we got off the passenger behind said how well behaved he was. I nearly burst with pride.

gojettersgo Fri 14-Apr-17 23:12:20

Do It! It sounds as if you genuinely mean it and it's lovely to share a moment of pride in each others' children.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 14-Apr-17 23:14:55

Do it! I love it when people compliment my children's behaviour it's a great confident boost

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 14-Apr-17 23:15:03

*confidence

Batgirlspants Fri 14-Apr-17 23:22:12

Bloody hell yes!

My dd had a party at ours last year, she was 17 we as in me and dh dropped in at 11 and the plane was a tip. Cue the kids telling us to piss off until 1am. We did. Got back and the house was pristine. All cans and food bagged up. They had vaccume and cleaned. Amazing

We face booked and contacted all their parents and they were just as amazed as us grin

Dagnabit Fri 14-Apr-17 23:37:39

Absolutely yes! I love hearing nice things about my dc....who wouldn't?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now