Talk

Advanced search

DS out playing when sick

(11 Posts)
lilyrose85 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:06:29

My mil offered to take DS 4 for two days over the Easter break as I've a newborn and am recovering from the birth. Our DS got sick on the morning he was due to go with a bad cold and cough. We rang and told mil he wasn't well and we'd leave it for another time till he's better but she offered to take him and keep him indoors to avoid baby getting sick too. I've just found out he's been out playing on the road for the few days she's had him and he's still really sick so much so she said I should prob bring him to the doctor. AIBU to be peeved she allowed him out when it's cold outside and he has a bad cold and cough himself.

Sirzy Fri 14-Apr-17 15:09:21

Surely if he was that ill he wouldn't have wanted to be out playing?

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl Fri 14-Apr-17 15:10:37

Where do you live been lovely the last few days

harderandharder2breathe Fri 14-Apr-17 15:11:03

If he's well enough to play out he's not that ill. And it's not like she took him on a day trip, if he felt worse he can just go back inside

Only1scoop Fri 14-Apr-17 15:12:04

Surely he's well supervised at 4 so if he was poorly or cold they would have taken him inside confused

TheFairyCaravan Fri 14-Apr-17 15:16:15

Nothing wrong with playing outside when he's got a cough/cold. If he was really ill he wouldnt have wanted to go out in the first place.

Floralnomad Fri 14-Apr-17 15:23:42

If he's well enough to be out playing then he's not that sick I think you are overreacting OP , maybe he just feels worse today .

ohnothisisme Fri 14-Apr-17 15:30:52

It's he's got a cold, it's better for him to be outside getting fresh air than being bunged up inside with the central heating going which just makes coughing worse.

ineedamoreadultieradult Fri 14-Apr-17 15:34:11

He has a cold. He doesnt need to go to the Dr and there is nothing wrong with playing out.

LapdanceShoeshine Fri 14-Apr-17 15:42:53

Where do you live been lovely the last few days

I know the UK is a relatively small area but we do have wide variations in weather. (I was once accused of lying when I said on here it was raining during an incident I was talking about hmm)

fwiw I'm in Lancashire & it's been 9 degrees, cloudy & showery the last 3 days!

LapdanceShoeshine Fri 14-Apr-17 15:46:20

& cold air does tend to exacerbate a cough, even if the cougher is otherwise well; and if you're fighting an infection and trying to keep warm at the same time, your physical resources are limited.

He should have been kept in a lot more, even if not all day, if his GM now thinks he needs to go to the GP. "Fresh air" isn't always a good thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now