Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you're all up to do?

(52 Posts)
ChangedUsername123 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:38:04

I've just spent 45 minutes cleaning off poo from DS1's walls. It's all over his sheets too πŸ‘πŸ»
He's now in his second bath of the day, whilst me and DH contemplate the meaning of life, and how it got to a stage that cleaning poo off the walls, didn't mean it had been a terrible day hmm
DS2 is in his playpen, oblivious to how much of a filthy animal his older brother is πŸ’–

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Fri 14-Apr-17 14:41:22

That sounds awful. envy (not envy)

I've been trying to calm my screaming 6 month old for the last two hours but had no success. Considering sobbing with her.

Doublevodkaredbull Fri 14-Apr-17 14:42:36

Housework. DD is with MIL so it's my only chance, then working 5-2.

OhHolyFuck Fri 14-Apr-17 14:43:05

I'm avoiding ex-sil, didn't like her when dp and I were together but now we're not, surely one advantage is that I don't have to even pretend to tolerate his family anymore?

ChangedUsername123 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:43:30

Yeah, it was pretty horrendous. I pretended it was chocolate and battled on πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

Oh god, I feel for you! I find a walk in bright light helps (forces them to close their eyes and sometimes they fall asleep shock) but maybe I'm just a bit cruel grin

Sirzy Fri 14-Apr-17 14:44:22

I'm watching the rugby.

Ds is designing new roads I think!

NabobsFromNobHill Fri 14-Apr-17 14:44:50

We're having a Dr Who marathon.

CornflakeHomunculus Fri 14-Apr-17 14:45:17

I had a minor op under GA yesterday so I'm taking it easy on the sofa with the dogs.

I'm currently watching my second live rugby match of the day and stuffing my face with a posh easter egg grin

GhostlyAbode Fri 14-Apr-17 14:46:07

Trying to encourage a DD age 13 to revise. But apparently school has not taught her anything so what's the point........

Bring back poo stained walls and lack of sleep if you ask me!

applecatchers36 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:47:28

Just come back from church and fish lunch with congregation. DD pooed herself and had to clean up in church toilets shock was not a pretty sight

user7298922193 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:49:01

Been trying to get DS to nap for past few hours but every time he falls asleep DD comes up screaming and wakes him up!! About to rip my hair out sad

DayGlo Fri 14-Apr-17 14:50:30

DCs are staying at my mums today/tonight, and DH has gone off on an all day bender to a football match, so I have gleefully wasted the entire day lounging around eating and watching TV. Its been absolutely bloody smashing grin.

Off out in a bit for dinner and wine with some friends.

I will send positive no-more-poo vibes your way, OP!

ToEarlyForDecorations Fri 14-Apr-17 14:51:59

Woke up at 8am. Made coffee for my DH and I had a cup of tea. Took both drinks back to bed so we could drink them in bed.

Had breakfast. Got on with reassembling a self assembly writing desk that has been taken apart every time we've moved.

It was like reassembling fire wood - chipboard covered in sticky back plastic fire wood. But we did it ! Hooray !

However, the corner computer table is just going to be to hard to reassemble. So we're taking it, piece by piece to store in our garage.

We've had lunch. We've had hot cross buns. We're now just snoozing chillin' on the sofa.

RJnomore1 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:52:20

Been for a pt this morning then had to lie down for a hour πŸ˜‚ Done some light tidying and 500 words of an 3000 word essay due Tuesday πŸ˜•

Now eating lunch and deciding what to do next. Studying or cleaning?

I πŸ’œ Bank holidays.

At least I'm not cleaning shit off walls .

wineusuallyhelps Fri 14-Apr-17 14:52:32

Quiet day today after a busy week.

DS1 is being 'encouraged' to do a school project. This basically means one parent has to railroad him through it, painfully, before weeks of everyone's life is wasted procrastinating grin

Meanwhile, DS2 is also doing his school project - independently and willingly.

Chalk and cheese...!

Crunchymum Fri 14-Apr-17 14:53:03

Please tell me your DS is still quite young? shock

DP is at work so we had a mooch around the shops, lunch is Pret and a few hours in the park.

Just back now, older DC is watching Paw Patrol, younger DC is asleep and I'm going to tackle the laundry and washing up. Oh and clean up the cat sick envy

Thank God I have wine for later.

AVeryBigHouse Fri 14-Apr-17 14:53:47

Dd1 is at an Easter egg hunt with her friend. Dh is watching the BFG with dd2. Ds is watching a programme about trains. He has chicken pox so this is pretty much us for the whole weekend 😩.

ChangedUsername123 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:54:05

Oh! I forgot, adding to the shit list, I've just had to fork out Β£400 for an Out n About Double pram, because DS1 broke my Β£1800 bugaboo by stimming (he's autistic) and rocked it so hard the chassis snapped!
He's now too heavy for the bugaboo anyway really, and the Out N About is the only double that could hold his weight πŸ‘πŸ»

HLBug Fri 14-Apr-17 14:54:22

Sat on sofa enjoying my last few hours of home alone peace and quiet for what will quite literally be months. Section booked for Tuesday and relatives arriving tonight for Easter weekend... Chaos is right round the corner...but for just now I have Madam Secretary and kettle chips.

ChangedUsername123 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:54:51

CrunchyMum - He's 3, and autistic, so I guess he's got an excuse for being a literal primate grin

CakesAreBiscuitsToo Fri 14-Apr-17 14:56:34

LoveMyLittleSuperhero hope she's settled now - I remember those days all too well.

I never had to clean poo but by god I have cleaned up more vomit than one person should ever have to clean, it was like vomit purgatory for a few years.

I'm having some quiet leisurely time while DH is out with the DCs and I'm batch cooking and doing some slow reorganising.

dementedpixie Fri 14-Apr-17 14:58:41

Dh is at work, ds is playing rocket league on ps4, dd has just got dressed which interrupted what she was doing on the computer (keeps 'forgetting' she has homework for next week too). I have been to shops in between coughing my guts up and have done 2 loads of washing. Am going to sit and have a cup of tea and nurse my sore head

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Apr-17 15:01:39

Making and decorating cakes for a baby shower. I will update with pics later!

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Fri 14-Apr-17 15:03:16

I think I'd cry right now if that amount of chocolate was wasted πŸ˜‚ so much for dieting! I have a Lindt chocolate egg for when she goes to sleep grin
Ouch on the cost of the pram shock glad you found something he fits in though.

We've been for a walk but she just alternated screaming and whimpering for 30 minutes and it's been raining here so I'm cold and soaking sad plus I had some idiot comment on the fact I should comfort my child, like I hadn't been trying! angry

ChangedUsername123 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:06:56

@LoveMyLittleSuperhero Well the first time this happened, DH was genuinely wanted to phone 999 in case DS had eaten some poo. The relative calm we handled this in, made it seem like an everyday occurrence. Plus DH is no longer terrified of shit, so that's a bonus grin
DS keeps finding my stashed Easter eggs and saying 'Egg' and then opening and eating them, I don't have the heart to stop him because it's 1 of about 50 words he actually says πŸ˜‚

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now