AIBU to hate the mumsnet app?

(15 Posts)
saltandvinegarcrisps1 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:11:16

Or am I doing something wrong? I like to use mumsent on the bus to work. Had an icon on my phone which when I clicked, opened up mumsnet. Up until a few days ago, I got a mobile version which was different to the version on my laptop. It was easy to read, good sized text and you could skip to the most recent posts on long threads. About 4 days ago, it changed - I still click the same icon but now it opens up like the laptop version and its really tiny text and too hard to read. So I downloaded the Talk app but its not very user friendly. When you open up a thread, it starts at the begining and if its a long thread, you have to scroll for ages to get to the most recent posts as its not paginated. I cannot for the life of me find a way to jump to the end of the thread. Its really annoying - or am I missing something? Has anybody else found this?

Tequilamockinbird Fri 14-Apr-17 13:15:11

Click on the 2 little arrows on top right and it will flip the thread around so that you see latest first.

Crunchymum Fri 14-Apr-17 13:16:11

Go to bottom of page (below advert) and click on "mobile site" - you must have accidently changed it to desktop site.

Crunchymum Fri 14-Apr-17 13:17:54

Sorry. Mine isn't for the app. It's for the site.

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:35:46

thanks. crunchy - I tried the older icon which is opening up the desktop site but when I scroll down, I don't get the option to go to mobile site (I remember I did that before - that was how I got the site I was previously using). Tequila - I opened up the talk app but I am not seeing arrows on the right. I see 3 dots but when I click, the only options are bookmark or report.

Tequilamockinbird Fri 14-Apr-17 13:56:25

Hmm strange. Screenshotted my app screen - see the 2 little arrows too right? An up arrow and a down arrow.

misskatamari Fri 14-Apr-17 13:58:40

I don't use the app, just the mobile page in web browser, but mine does the same sometimes and turns into computer layout. It's so crap and annoying. No idea how to fix it. I just keep closing the internet and trying again and eventually it decides to switch back confused

bruffin Fri 14-Apr-17 14:07:21

Go to the very bottom of the screen and it says mobile site or desktop site, if it says mobile site click on that and you will return to the mobile site.

bruffin Fri 14-Apr-17 14:09:44

Very bottom of screen

JennyOnAPlate Fri 14-Apr-17 14:15:58

I stopped using the app because it was a massive drain on my phone battery (I was losing 20% every 15ish minutes!) so yanbu.

LilacSpatula Fri 14-Apr-17 14:17:56

Nah YANBU it's shite

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:47:29

Well I took a screen shot but can't see any button to allow me to attach it!!! But honestly, not seeing any arrows.

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:48:37

Also don't see those icons at the bottom. Maybe different on my phone (android).

bruffin Fri 14-Apr-17 15:16:35

Mines android but that wasnt the app, it was in reply to misskatamari

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 18-Apr-17 11:53:32

Hello, OP!

So sorry for the delay - we didn't spot this.

To ‘flip’ to the most recent posts, click on the “+” in the list of posts and click 'flip'. That will show you the most recent. The bookmark feature is coming very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now